Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default follow issues + other Q

Hello,

I am dual boxing 2 warlocks and everytime I have killed somekind of mob my slave does not follow, I always have to flick to the other screen so it begins to follow, this also happens on 2 hunters I have tried as well.

Does not happen for my boyfiend tho he is using 2 shammys.

Any suggestions ? it is so frustrating and annoying.

Other issue is I use dualscreen monitors 2 different sized screen one is 22in WS and other 17in standard screen
    If I try to use broadcast for area affects, example volley it is out of sync and way of target on the 2nd screen, anything I can do to fix this ? The only way I know how too AOE is by clicking on broadcasting.

Hunter pet's is there a macro or some kind of keybind not sure really what they are called, sorry I am truely very new to
    trying to dualbox toons.

I want to be able too send both my hunter pets in sometimes at the sametime before I fire any arrows off, how can I
    achieve this task ? I know both pets can auto attack something once I have already begun shooting it, but I want to be able
    to sometimes make both the pets attack before I fire at anything.

When you cast a channeling spell (e.g. as a warlock a drain or an aoe) or melee, it breaks follow. He wouldn't break follow with shamans unless he melees, because there's no channeled spells.

Just hit Alt+F to make them follow again

For pet attacks, make a macro (can be in game) that does something like:
    Code:
    /petattack
    /startattack
    /cast some shot
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

If you have Jamba (if you don't you should get it) then you select follow after combat in the options, works like a charm for me. Hope that helps!

Blog Entries

I like to use normal follow, and have a mapped key for FTL Follow Me, with a mouse thumb button as the hotkey.

You can set up Jamba to strobe follow, but I personally prefer the manual control.
    On my caster teams, they JambaFollow on a switch, but on my melee teams they do not.
    The mouse is very easy to click, once you get into the habit.

Melee combat and anything channeled breaks follow.
    Everyone has a system, which works best for them.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I like your manual approach Ualaa, I think i will switch to it. So many times after combat I want my guys to stay in place to pull another group (or not run through a void zone, poison cloud, ticking bomb etc) so I find myself spamming my stop follow key after combat. The thumb button follow would be a much better way.

Blog Entries

For the different monitor sizes, if you run them at the same resolution, that should solve the issue.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).

Thank you kindly for the responses.

I have downloaded Jamba and went through some options and I must say I actually am HAPPY!! and remotivated to continue boxing that I was really enjoying until this follow issue was occuring.

Jamba fixed the issue and I at this stage am content with the characters too auto follow after combat, works like a charm

Curious however, once I start firing some arrows off at a target why does the screen start to flood with message warnings about follow mode broken ?

I know why the message happens, what I mean is, how am I breaking follow by firing arrows at a target that is a good 20 metres or so away and I have not even moved is it classed as channeling as well ?

Like explained about the warlocks ?

So now I have Jamba, use isboxer, is there anything else I should look into using ?

Where does on suggest to go to find some kindof macro key maps that may be handy ?

Blog Entries

At lower levels, you won't have a whole lot of attacks.
    I'd basically just do something like Arcane Shot or Serpent Sting...

Depends on the number of toons you are playing at once.. 5x Arcane Shot will almost drop anything.
    But 2x, and you might want a bit of a rotation.

If you're doing hunters...
    Maybe something like this...

Button 1
    Hunter A
    #show Hunter's Mark
    /castsequence reset=target Hunter's Mark, Null
    /petattack

Hunter B-E
    #show Hunter's Mark
    /petattack

Button 2
    Serpent Sting

Button 3
    Arcane Shot

With warlocks, you can go with say...
    1) Curse of Agony
    2) Corruption
    3) Shadow Bolt or Drain Life

Down the road, when you get a lot of spells, take a look at click castsequences.
    There are good examples in the wiki, which is linked from a sticky post (macro compendium) in the macro forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post

Curious however, once I start firing some arrows off at a target why does the screen start to flood with message warnings about follow mode broken ?

I know why the message happens, what I mean is, how am I breaking follow by firing arrows at a target that is a good 20 metres or so away and I have not even moved is it classed as channeling as well ?
    You can turn off the Jamba warning inside Jamba under the follow section. I believe it is a check box for do not warn if in combat.