Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: dual boxing

Default dual boxing

k im srry if this is already covered but it is getting late and i really would like to know, i have a desktop, and a laptop, i have my laptop display, and 2 other displays, and a kvm switch from iogear that has 2 sets of keyboard/mouse/vga. i hooked the kvm switch up to the laptop and desktop and then to one moniter. the laptop shows up on the moniter, the desktop does not. what do i need to run 2 characters for wow, do i even need the kvm switch? can i use software? is the software as good as using the kvm switch? and how would i switch displays with the kvm switch? im srry for all the questions but like i said i am new to this, confused, and tired ;p ty for help

Default RE: dual boxing

Quote Originally Posted by 'hawg',index.php?page=Thread&postID=184717#post184 717
    k im srry if this is already covered but it is getting late and i really would like to know, i have a desktop, and a laptop, i have my laptop display, and 2 other displays, and a kvm switch from iogear that has 2 sets of keyboard/mouse/vga. i hooked the kvm switch up to the laptop and desktop and then to one moniter. the laptop shows up on the moniter, the desktop does not. what do i need to run 2 characters for wow, do i even need the kvm switch? can i use software? is the software as good as using the kvm switch? and how would i switch displays with the kvm switch? im srry for all the questions but like i said i am new to this, confused, and tired ;p ty for help
    are you trying to have one monitor show the screens of both your laptop and desktop simultaneously? i am unsure of what you're trying to do here.

well, whatever is easier, i just want to be able to play my two characters at one time, what would u recommend i do?

Quote Originally Posted by 'hawg',index.php?page=Thread&postID=184948#post184 948
    well, whatever is easier, i just want to be able to play my two characters at one time, what would u recommend i do?
    KVM one keyboard to both computers.
    have two screens up separately.

i'd make the better computer the "main" and put my main screen there. and on my second computer have it be the follower.
    now... you might wanna control the mouse for both computers (in which case, you would add the mouse to the kvm as well)... but that takes a lot more effort.

i just dont understand, i hooked the kvm switch up to the keyboard and mouse, and to both computers, and the laptop is the only thing that shows up on the moniter, the desktop does not show up, and only one light is lighted up on the kvm switch, how do i switch between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by 'hawg',index.php?page=Thread&postID=185029#post185 029
    i just dont understand, i hooked the kvm switch up to the keyboard and mouse, and to both computers, and the laptop is the only thing that shows up on the moniter, the desktop does not show up, and only one light is lighted up on the kvm switch, how do i switch between the two?
    is the desktop computer sending signals?

im not sure, i just reformatted it, and installed drivers, and nothing is happening

ok i got a new kvm switch its the omniview pro2 series and the display works for both computers, the mouse and keyboard only works for one computer, and also what else do i need so that both computers mimmick eachothers exact keyboard and mouse movements

Don't use a KVM for one. That will let both use one mouse/kb at a time. I see based on your other post that you have Keyclone working so I assume you fixed this issue?
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010