Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 5-Box team advice...

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else. I just made a post on what 2-3 box teams I should do but I forked out and got some trial accounts and it worked smoothly. Not perfect, but it would be manageable.

So now I am wondering what kind of team? I was running just 5 gnome mages (Simply named Agnomage, Bgnomage, cgnomage, etc.) just to see how I worked, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. So I'm asking what kind of team setup is best for leveling fast/soloing instances most of the way through.

Magex4, priestx1
    Magex4 warrx1
    Lockx4 priestx1
    Lockx2 magex2 priestx1
    Shamanx5

I think the fewer the classes the better, so the lock and mages probably wouldn't be too good for me since I am a beginner. Shamans seem fun. Anyone with experience with any of these teams? On a scale of 1-10 how hard is doing an instance with that group. Is it crazy intense ALL the time, or is it pretty fun and interesting with few complications?
    If you have any other beginner team I would love suggestions! =)

If you do a little reading on these forums, you'll notice that there are a lot of folks that have done the 1-60 grind with 5 Shaman, 1 Pally + 5 Shaman or similar numbers.

It sounds like nothing hits hard enough until heroics to really warrant a dedicated tank (that is, assuming you do things below your level slightly).

Once you get into the fun 70 "endgame" instances though, you'll probably need that tank.

I'm not sure if you understand the instances and how they work, but mainly you want a tank, a healer, and dps. In 3 of your 5 suggestions you are missing either a tank or a healer, so....not sure how you expect to solo instances. But good luck either way! =)

Default Re: 5-Box team advice...

EDIT: I listed how easy it would be on a scale of 1-10, 1=hardest, 10=easiest

2/10 Magex4, priestx1
    1/10 Magex4 warrx1
    7/10 Lockx4 priestx1
    7/10 Lockx2 magex2 priestx1
    8/10 Shamanx5

Leveling 5 characters together without running instances sounds like torture to me and you will really struggle in instances without some kind of tank and some kind of healer. Not saying it is impossible, it will just be really hard.

1x Pally and 4x Shaman seems to be the current fad and gives you a tank with lots of healing and dps and 4 characters are the same which should make it easy enough to macro.

Hmmm....this got me thinking. Anyone have a bear, 3x boomkin and a tree?
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

Boomkin 30 point talent changes casting time on crits *i think* so it makes coordinated cast times near impossible.

I already have a 70 paladin. Perhaps I should quad-box up 4 shamans and use the pally tanking everything up to then. Then again that would lower EXP quite a bit I imagine. I was definitely leaning towards the 5x shaman team.
    I was just wondering though, you mentioned healer and tank and DPS is the norm, where is the tank in a shaman team? (Aside from a totem for a short time) Or is the burst DMG enough to get it through?

I got my Mage, Warlock, Priest and Shaman team up 65. Paladin tank is 70 already. I gave them a break, because I got bored.

All shaman team is around 42 so far. A lot more fun, I might say. Will see how fun it is in Arena's.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggoth
    Boomkin 30 point talent changes casting time on crits *i think* so it makes coordinated cast times near impossible.
    Correct, button mashing ftw.
    Wilbur

>makes coordinated cast times near impossible.

Co-ordinated cast times are overrated None of my teams have anything approaching co-ordinated cast times and they work well with some button mashing. The videos aren't as pretty as some, but it's

>So now I am wondering what kind of team?

What kind of team to do what? Are you on a PvP server? Are you going to PvP?

If you're going Alliance and want to PvP then the presence of at least one Shaman in the group is pretty much a must to counter fear bombs from the nasty Hordies.

The only other comment I have on what you've given us so far is that I really would consider swapping the warrior for a Pally tank - consecration is a fire'n'forget "pick up all the adds so my healer can start healing" button and is worth its virtual weight in gold, especially for an inexperienced boxer.

My choice would still be a prot pally for tanking (aoe threat generation, masses of threat just from being hit) and a priest for healing (aoe healing).

edit: bbs randomly re-ordered some of my words. *cough*....

Well like I said, I already have a pally so when the time comes I can just swap over to him to get my tanking in.