Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Starting up dilemas. (questions)

I have done 2-boxing before, but it seemed boring and pointless. I feel like if I 2-box I may as well 3-box, but if I 3-box why not go the whole mile and 5-box?

I don't quite have the means to 5-box but I do for a 3-box. I just don't see 3x mage, shaman, priest, or what have you as that useful. I mean it has usefulness, but if you can 3box wouldn't 5-boxing be just as easy, if not better...I hated doing quests on 2 characters, 3-5 must be WAY worse, so I imagine most leveling would be done in instances, but not really that easy with 3 people (although if I could always find a tank and healer it may be. I would have good DPS covered for sure, but still. I'm sure you get my point.)

I suppose my real question is...

If I'm going to 3-box...Is it worth it? Pros and cons please. I may also just stick to a 2-box. Pros and cons here would be appreciated too.

Also, what team setups work? Is it best to have 2-3 mages, or 2 mages 1 priest, etc.
    Also, if I did do 3-box, how WOULD I go about leveling? Instances require a group, and quests are a pain. So what do you do?

(When I mention quest annoyances, I just mean collection quests.. Kill XX quests, and speak with XX quests don't bug me--just the "Collect 5 snowcones and bring them to me" are annoying.

I'm new to these forums but I've been reading them for about a week now and you seem like a cool interesting bunch of people that I would certainly not mind getting to know. Hope to hear from you!!

A lot of people avoid the collection quests.

Kill quests and such should be more than sufficient to sustain you, along with killing anything thats unfortunate to get in your way.
    Wilbur

You mention "being that useful" but you never state in your post what your end goal is. To wit, I made a decision I'd have 2 multiboxing teams, one dedicated/geared for PvE heroics, and one dedicated/geared for PvP battlegrounds (not much into the Arenas). Because I am getting that specific, I can tell various things:

PvE Heroics means I need 5. It also means I need all 5 at 70 so best idea is to level them up together. If you aren't one-manning heroics, then if you don't want to to do 5, don't do 5. That easy.

PvP can be done with anything, 2, 3, 4, or 5. 5 is sexy but really not necessary. 2 is incredibly easy to level to 70 in no time flat and DOUBLES every precious tick of Unstable Affliction and Corruption my locks do. I went conservative with it because I can do collection quests without ripping my eyelids off.

It ALL depends on what your goal is at 70. Define THAT and we can almost tell you exactly what setup will work best.

Ah yeah I did leave out what I plan to do.
    I wouldn't mind doing instances, as I'm more of a PVE-Oriented kind of guy, but PVP is also very interesting, I only don't do much of it on my main because I'm a healbot that gets CC'd to hell and back.
    So is there any PVE fitting for a 3-box team, as well as PVP?
    I want a few more 70's. I've been in one of the best guilds on my realm for a month or two, and they all have alts that they run karazhan with and I'd like to join them. I figure a multi-box would make leveling a bit more tolerable and fun, as well as interesting.
    So are there any teams of 2/3 that are viable for PVE and PVP at the same time? If not it definitely wouldn't bug me to roll twice. I'm not sure if I want to do 2 different classes in a 3-box. I'm not sure a priest/mage/mage would be easy enough for me to control (I don't like to think.) and if I had a priest I am more then certain it would be expected to heal most of the time, which would probably be too much of a load for me. But then again I really have never tried it.

I would be way more interested in soloing 5-mans then PVP but since I don't fully have the means to 5-box, what are the possibilities with 2 or 3 people in PVE? Are there really any?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur
    A lot of people avoid the collection quests.

Kill quests and such should be more than sufficient to sustain you, along with killing anything thats unfortunate to get in your way.
    I still don't fully understand why people avoid it. Yes you have to hunt longer, but the XP you can get from taking the 45mins to do it is great.
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock

I think because its less interesting than doing other things... like continually killing.

Personally I'd be very very interested to see how long it takes someone to level 5 characters using the Joana or Brian Kopp guides Vs Someone who skips collection quests.

Personally I don't think there'd be much in it, maybe the person who uses the guides would *just* edge it.
    Wilbur

Personally it really depends on the quest gathering types, if its "find X of these on the floor" then i find it very unrewarding to do the quests. For example the fish collecting quest at the start of the Draenei lands. The gathering quests which drop from mobs (which I'm killing) I don't mind do so much.

Would be very interested to see the guide comparison as well wilbur

If I can get everything figured out I will be able to give that info. I have both of the guides.

I was 2-boxing with my Warrior and Paladin just using research of quests using Thottbot and Allakhazam. The way I approach it was search Allakhazam for Prot Gear my paladin was gearing for. My warrior was just there to add dps on top of the Prot Pally survivability.

It took me 2 weeks from 60 to 70.

A friend who ran a hunter had the paid guide but also levelled around 2 weeks.

The main difference between me and him, I took the research and wrote my notes with where to go (locations).

My friend said he had to look up quest links sometime to find what he needs to do next based on the guide being somewhat not having the info he needed. But my friend was a solo hunter, and I was 2-boxing melees.
    Sanctume [Paladin] + [Team Shaman] Sanctumea + Sanctumei + Sanctumeo