Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default cast sequence macro with different targets?

Im already sick of 5xMOTW buffs and i dont even worry about rebuffing thorns anymore, but is it possible to a castsequence macro which has a different target so i can keep clicking MOTW and it buffs it to each char automatically, im running my own 5 man group so i know the names of each char already, but cant figure out how to get it working, if it is possible
    [align=right][ http://theoptimen.blogspot.com | Level 70 5 Boxer- [A] Frostmourne US ]
    [ 5 Shamans, 1 Druid & 1 Warrior - Mix & Match ]
    [/align]

all ya gotta do is have the buff set up on the same bar for each toon, and same spot on the bar. Example 5. If ya put the MotW buff on 5 for each toon, everytime you press 5 all yer toons should buff themselves if they are all self targeted. To self target yerself jus press F1.

im only running 1 druid with 4 shamans however. Ive got that setup for lightning shield and works great
    [align=right][ http://theoptimen.blogspot.com | Level 70 5 Boxer- [A] Frostmourne US ]
    [/align]

Default Re: cast sequence macro with different targets?

Quote Originally Posted by opt
    is it possible to a castsequence macro which has a different target
    Sadly, no.

Just so that the question gets answered directly.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndree
    Sadly, no.

you don't need to:

/targetparty
    /cast Mark of the Wild (or however you spell it)

From Wowwiki:

/targetparty, /targetraid

Cycles through your nearest party or raid members. Like /targetenemy, you can add a 1 to reverse the direction.
    Just click that once to buff each character, will target themselves as well, so 5 clicks should do it

that works great!
    in future if anyone wants to know, you must wait for GCD to finish otherwise that person misses their turn
    [/align]

My advice is to get SmartBuff and set a key to "buffing". I use Ctrl-` personally. Then, whenever I need to buff I just hit that key a bunch of times. Check the box for "self first", so they don't waste mana trying to buff the same toon.

It works great, and you can get Thorns back

I run a Pally/2Mage/Lock/Priest - and I would be toast without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun
    Sadly, no.

you don't need to:

/targetparty
    /cast Mark of the Wild (or however you spell it)

From Wowwiki:

/targetparty, /targetraid

Cycles through your nearest party or raid members. Like /targetenemy, you can add a 1 to reverse the direction.
    Just click that once to buff each character, will target themselves as well, so 5 clicks should do it
    Doesn't work so well for paladins, if you're planning on buffing different classes with different buffs (which is why I'd assume you'd want to use a /castsequence in the first place.

But yep, definitely helps for buffs like mark, fort, int... Until you get the group buffs that last for an hour.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Doesn't work so well for paladins, if you're planning on buffing different classes with different buffs (which is why I'd assume you'd want to use a /castsequence in the first place.

But yep, definitely helps for buffs like mark, fort, int... Until you get the group buffs that last for an hour.
    I run pally, priest, mage, warlock and hunter and I buff them all with Blessing of Wisdom for mana regen, ie no downtime. I very rarely drink, will evocate and life tap after wipes and tough fights. Other than that it is almost non-stop pulling.

So for me the suggestion would work fine. Now if there was a way to make Greater Blessing of Wisdom cast on my entire group I would really be happy.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -