Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default The "Runaways" Jimmy-Fix

Dunno where I saw this thread, or if this has been posted already, but....

The other day I finally experienced what others are talking about in regards to your alts running on forever during Autofollow regardless of what your main does.

If you select each of the Alt's Windows and hold whatever key you have to move BACKWARD, then while holding that key, select the next window, it will fix itself.

I do not use Keyclone, so I don't believe it is the fault of KC's program.

I'm thinking it's the fault of the processor being overloaded, or simply miscalculating a process.

I use AutoHotKey, 1 PC, 5 WoWs.

Lokked

do you have something like a do-not-pass list in AHK?

the problem seemed be to with putting WASD on the do-not-pass list, but shift+WASD would go through... meanwhile, the keyup would never get through if you released the shift before the WASD

personally, i never ran into this as my do-not-pass only contains NUMLOCK.

When this happens to me, usually it's because one of the Keyclones froze up. I just exit the program and restart. When it was first released, this used to happen to me all the time. Kinda rare now.

Quote Originally Posted by keyclone
    In AHK you have to set up a script block for each key, you want to pass. :lol:

In AHK you have to set up a script block for each key, you want to pass.
    oh, that's... ummm... convenient

Just as a note, I've had this problem several times over the past years.

These times I wasn't using anything other than 3 pcs - 3 keyboards - 3 mouse etc, so I don't think the problem is based on keyclone / anything other than wow mechanics glitching for a split second. Even had friends on follow of me where its happened

Not to say extra triggers might come from kc / ahk.

For me it usually happens due to the above shift+movement mishap, most often on my q/e strafe keys actually. My easy fix for it is just press all movement keys in once swift swoop once on my 2nd box. Whatever key might have been in 'pressed down' state will be pressed down and be released now, stopping the whole mess.

However the first 2-3 times it happened, it basically cost me a wipe :P.

Quote Originally Posted by keyclone

the problem seemed be to with putting WASD on the do-not-pass list, but shift+WASD would go through... meanwhile, the keyup would never get through if you released the shift before the WASD

personally, i never ran into this as my do-not-pass only contains NUMLOCK.
    are you doing all the movements using mouse without keyboard? I have tried a such thing but it looks like impossible
    Coffee Resurrects.