Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: W..T..F.. LAG!

Default W..T..F.. LAG!

I am just wondering the lag difference between these four different options I am considering:
    [1]one beefy comp running 5 WoWs
    [2]one comp for main + one comp for four alts
    [3]one comp for main + two comps for two alts each
    [4]five individual comps

how should the follow lag compare?
    [align=center]Wrathofpwn-Wrathoffire-Wrathofwater-Wrathofearth-Wrathofair
    <1--------10---------[20]---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70>
    [/align]

Too many other factors to consider in order to give a reasonable estimate. Performance of PCs, whether they're hard-wired or on WiFi, etc. With sufficiant resources, and all hard-wired... either of them are possible w/ very reasonable latency.
    Respectfully,

Zutok

ok cool thanks:]
    [align=center]Wrathofpwn-Wrathoffire-Wrathofwater-Wrathofearth-Wrathofair
    <1--------10---------[20]---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70>
    [/align]

Option 1 works very well for me, except when I've been playing for a while and enter one of the well populated cities (SW, IF). All 5 copies then start loading tons of textures from disk, and I experience lag as a result. Sometimes I'll see walls, ground, etc as just a flat white surface while the textures are loading. I assume that if I had each copy on multiple drives this problem would go away, but I only have one drive in my machine.

When I'm away from the cities, I never have any problems with lag at all. Once the textures have loaded in cities, the lag disappears there as well.
    Easy spammable /click /castsequence macros - http://multibox.me