Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Something that can heal tank if he sends whispers?

Hey - I have dug around a bit, in the sticky'ed codex, and at Curse, but I think the problem is I dont know what it might even be called to start with so my searches are coming up lame.

Does an addon exist that I could have on my 4x Healers whereby my Paladin could make a couple macros, each with whispers to the 4... effectively calling for a certain Heal? Flash, G-Heal, Renew, etc in combat? He'd macro call it, and I'd have a hotkey set on all of them that I'd press, and they'd fire the requested spell at him?

Seems like it would simplify healing a WHOLE LOT. I think it should be able to be done, as the priests still have to press a button to send the heal, and that wouldn't put Bliz's panties in a knot over potentially being a 'bot'?

Whispercast is what you seek, although the last time I saw that used was pre-TBC, so no idea if it still exists. You whisper a code of a spell "kings" or whatever, the healer/buffer simply hits his Whispercast button and it casts the desired spells.

Although, SmartBuff (which is Ace and is awesome) may be your best bet. You set it up to buff certain ways (not in combat, or not if you are under 30% mana, etc) and you can have profiles (Raid, Solo, Party, etc). You can link it to a key (mine is T) and all I do is spam T on all my toons and they just do the buffs I need them to do. Class-specific buffs (such as Blessings) can be dictated, for instance, I can turn on Wisdom and only give it to casters, and turn on Might and only give it to meleers and pets, etc.

Also comes with SmartDebuff, which is the exact same thing only cleansing/decursing with a keypress.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere
    This functionality was completely destroyed (removed from the game) in WoW 2.0.
    yup any kind of triggered spell casting like that was broken with TBC. kind of a shame because I would have had a lot of fun with it.
    http://pewpewsquad.blogspot.com/ http://www.stage6.com/user/pewpewss/videos/
    Team 1- 5 shamans <The PewPew Squad> Team2 - <Y o u Lo se> 70 druid, 70 shaman, 1 paladin, 24 mage, 1 mage
    Team 1 -> <1--10--20--30--40--44--50--60--70>

So you're 5-boxing, and you press a button to tell your healers to heal you?

I assume that this button in bind to a key press in your main.

Assuming you broadcast this key press to the 4 other wow clients.

You can just create 2 key maps, and each will do different things to each client.

Suppose I have 5 Paladins.
    P1 is Main tank
    P2, P3, P4 and P5 are Healers.

Key Map Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2 broadcast from main to others.

P1.Macro
    Ctrl+1 = /say Flash of Light me (or nothing)
    Ctrl+2 = /say Holy Light (or nothing)

P2.Macro (same as P3, P4 and P5)
    Ctrl+1 = /cast [target=party1] Flash of Light
    Ctrl+2 = /cast [target=party1] Holy Light

So now, when you want a heal in your main, you hit Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2.

You can change those to other keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctume
    So you're 5-boxing, and you press a button to tell your healers to heal you?

I assume that this button in bind to a key press in your main.

Assuming you broadcast this key press to the 4 other wow clients.

You can just create 2 key maps, and each will do different things to each client.

Suppose I have 5 Paladins.
    P1 is Main tank
    P2, P3, P4 and P5 are Healers.

Key Map Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2 broadcast from main to others.

P1.Macro
    Ctrl+1 = /say Flash of Light me (or nothing)
    Ctrl+2 = /say Holy Light (or nothing)

P2.Macro (same as P3, P4 and P5)
    Ctrl+1 = /cast [target=party1] Flash of Light
    Ctrl+2 = /cast [target=party1] Holy Light

So now, when you want a heal in your main, you hit Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2.

You can change those to other keys.
    ya tha tis why im not to bothered by it, I would have used it for other things like buffs and such (which was the original intent of that addon). But with the solutions we have like keyclone the need for this type of thing is pretty much non-existent.
    http://pewpewsquad.blogspot.com/ http://www.stage6.com/user/pewpewss/videos/
    Team 1- 5 shamans <The PewPew Squad> Team2 - <Y o u Lo se> 70 druid, 70 shaman, 1 paladin, 24 mage, 1 mage
    Team 1 -> <1--10--20--30--40--44--50--60--70>