Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Is Shadow Bolt no longer the way to go?

I was just reading up on this thread about someone's lvl 80 warlock macro http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=22209

Is shadow bolt no longer the bread and butter of destruction warlock DPS? Can anyone give me a quick breakdown. I must have missed something that happened between BC and Wrath that changed this.

Shadowbolt is used by two specs as a filler for Demo and Affliction locks. Destruction locks dont use it at all.
    Last edited by Multibocks : 12-07-2009 at 10:04 PM Reason: Check out forums.elitistjerks.com

It got nerfed a few times and then they kept adding +DPS interactions between other spells...

Yeah, just did some reading on wowwiki. I'm only at lvl 39 with my warlock, but that really changes my plans. Glad I found that out now, rather than later. Learn something new every day..

Yeah, just did some reading on wowwiki.
    You should do this more prior to posting in the future.
    -Legion of Boom Founder-
    -Retired-

Changes your plans how?

Afflic --> 60
    Demo --> 80
    Destro or preference after

@fursphere lol

@yaki Just one of those moments where I realized I knew less about a class than I thought I did. I've been out of the game for almost a year. Continually finding things that have changed. Typically I have a good read on what is the correct formula for a class' best DPS. Just unsettling sometimes to find you're wrong.

As for plan changes, not sure. Probably still keep my lock destro. I never liked watching for nightfall procs on slaves. Re-evailuating my macro's i'm using now while leveling. I don't think it's time to remove shadowbolt yet since I don't quite have conflag and I need tog et conflag glyphed. Just brain dumping mostly

Most of what I know about warlocks came from before they were given Death Coil, so...

Keep in mind that even sub-par individual DPS is roflbbq overkill for leveling or doing dailies. It's not urgent. I got a lot of mileage out of this macro for my mages:

/cleartarget
    /assist Leader
    /cast Ice Lance
    Last edited by yaki : 12-07-2009 at 10:49 PM

Shadow Bolt still has its place...in my 5 x lock group I use it for 1-shotting non-elite mobs when farming / questing - its faster and uses less mana than dotting mobs up.

Cheers,
    S.
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Not to mention that you don't get the base spell, incinerate, for fire destruction until in the 60's
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest