Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default WoW Zoning issue.

Unsure if anybody has experienced this, but on one character only every time i zone or on first login i crash to logon screen. and this only happens on one character. all other characters seem to work fine.

I've run the wow repair facility and let it reset all my configs, i've deleted all my addons, WTF and Config files. other then reinstall the software i cant seem to fix this problem.

If anybody has experiences this problem i would appreciated your input or if anybody can suggest any other fixes i could try.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
    Unsure if anybody has experienced this, but on one character only every time i zone or on first login i crash to logon screen. and this only happens on one character. all other characters seem to work fine. I've run the wow repair facility and let it reset all my configs, i've deleted all my addons, WTF and Config files. other then reinstall the software i cant seem to fix this problem. If anybody has experiences this problem i would appreciated your input or if anybody can suggest any other fixes i could try.
    One character always does this? Or one Wow install does this? The same character or the same wow install? Not sure what 'crash to the login screen' means, you mean you get logged out? I would run performance meter the the background, I assume some huge garbage collection event bottoms out the game.

Just how much memory and what OS are you using?

Anything extra running besides wow and the multiplexer? (itunes in coverflow, firefox with healthy addons, etc)

I use one install for all my boxing on an SSD, running windows 7 x64 with 12gb ram.

only one character of all my characters has this issue, and basically it disconnects and puts be back to the wow login screen. Any other character i use on the same account or other accounts works fine and zones fine. Its just one character exhibiting this issue.

I'm running no backgound apss at all, i have even tried a new install of wow with no addons running the original blizz UI, still have exactly the same problem.

Blog Entries

I'd post on the technical support forum, since you have the issue with one specific toon, even on a fresh install of wow without addons etc. Let their tech guys figure it out.

I was going to suggest, deleting your Cache folder, so it is downloaded fresh, but the clean install without addons has me confused.

If you have a friend who plays, you could try zoning on their system.

Is it only when you box, or do you get the same issue when playing 1x wow?
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

does'nt matter whether i box or play 1 wow. the Toon just refuses to zone without going back to login screen..

I posted tot he tech forum not replies, i create a ticket and GM said i should reset everything so i did. created a new ticket i got the same email saying to reset everything so i told them i did i already no response yet.

Its driving me cookoo

Blog Entries

Email saying you were told to reset everything, and you have done so.

Say that it is a clean install, with no addons, only affects the one toon.
    Say that you had the issue, and with a fresh clean install still have the issue.

Not sure what else you can do.
    I suppose you could phone them, and get a live person to talk to.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Well i've had a blue post on my support post here

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....86912735&sid=1

and says to use the repair tool.. i'm kinda at a loss, i'm going to use a friends instll of wow tonight to try and log my charcter in and see what happens, using a completely different computer on a different internet link. Thats all i can think off.

I think it has to be some sort of corruption server side on the location of the character i think it out of sync somehow.

Have you done a faction transfer on that character?

A friend of mine got a character stuck recently. We both faction transferred the same day - then a problem occurred where no one could access a character they transferred the day before. Blizzard did an emergency fix. The next day I could log on, but my friend still couldn't.

Phoning support there was some issue with the credit card - it wasn't refused but it flagged something up on blizzards end and it was like the faction transfer wasn't paid for.

The character was stuck in limbo. She couldn't faction transfer it again as it was now alliance.
    She had to phone support a few times to get it resolved
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

Nope no character ransfers or anything like that.

OK new update, I've just tried to login at a friends house and low and behold it is EXACTLY the same problem with the character. This is from a different computer and a different internet link in a different town, with a different wow install and a different UI.. All my other charcter on the same account work fine from this