Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Can't get keyclone to work at all

Hiya,

I downloaded and paid for Keyclone last night, it seems to be installed ok but I can't get it to pass any keys between my two EQ windows.

To begin with I configured auto-add for any window titled 'Everquest', and set a whitelist to only pass the keys on the numeric keypad. When that didn't work, I deleted all the whitelist keys, and unchecked the whitelist box. Still having no joy I turned off the auto-add feature, removed both EQ windows and added the manually.

I've even rebooted the computer and tried again, but no matter what I do no keys are passed at all. Keyclone does appear to be running however; pressing the pause key in either window causes the 'MUTE' text to appear and the sound effect to play, so it looks like it's able to detect keypresses, but not send them for some reason.

I'm running two instances of Everquest, both started manually from the same folder. The computer's running on Windows XP SP2, with 2GB of RAM (and about 350MB free). I have a Logitech wave cordless USB keyboard and mouse, and also have a Belkin USB KVM switch that I use to get to my Solaris box.

Anybody have any ideas on what's going wrong?

Hmm... doing some more testing I plugged in a standard USB keyboard with no joy.

Then I thought of running notepad and seeing if the program is even working. Well, notepad works a treat. I can type anything in one window and watch the exact same input appear in the other.

So it would appear that there's something about EQ that doesn't like Keyclone.

yes... EQ/EQ2 do some very odd things with input that doesn't allow for windows to receive input unless they are active.

search the forums for innerspace by lavishsoft and EQ... there are some posts on it. end result... use innerspace, run keyclone... run EQ, lock in foreground.

this is what i have read.. i have never used innerspace.

Thanks for the reply, I'd read about innerspce troubleshooting this but couldn't find it lol. Bought that now you've told me who makes it and I'm trying to get it going, wish me luck