Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Gear Ranking

Default Gear Ranking

I wanted to join a VOA with my 1 shammy and the guy told me my gear score was too low. i asked him were if find out what my score is and he laughed and said " If you dont know you shouldn't raid"

So can anyone tell me where to go for this or what he means?
    Team 1 Pally 4 x shaman

Team 2 Pally not sure of the rest yet

Quote Originally Posted by palvarik View Post
    I wanted to join a VOA with my 1 shammy and the guy told me my gear score was too low. i asked him were if find out what my score is and he laughed and said " If you dont know you shouldn't raid"

get an addon called gearscore
    it will tell you your and other gearscore. Dont use sites like wow hearoes etc, they have their own rating, and it differes from what people usually use when they ask in trade.
    Around 4.5k is decent gs.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...gearscore.aspx
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

I keep trying to tell people my gear score, but every time I type, it comes out "Eat me".
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

4.5K GS is signifigant overkill for 5 man heroics. 3000 should be more than sufficient, probably lower.

3.5 is probably fine for VOA as that is designed to be run by pugs.

I love trying to PuG raid and get asked for GS. Usually they dont respond back when its my new team (they are all low 4ks). Assholes!

I love it even more when the person leading the pug has a lower GS than you do. Carried much?

yeah i never use this addon to evaluate people i am inviting into my group, the only time i use it is to WTF smash people who are fucking around with me..

great story, little off topic

was in VOA 25 man yesterday, he said wow MB... ur dps sucks prolly.. so bassically ur 3 alts just die from fire and ur main dps? wow.. i pull 4k on each guy /lol... then he goes on to say, dude u suck at arena, i look at is 3/5 hateful 2/5 crafted pvp... and his arena 100-500... told him to look at my 1750..

he never responded again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere View Post
    Gearscore is the best of the worst addons of all time.

Good in itself, but it is used in the most inappropriate ways by arrogant fuckwad players.
    Quote For Truth.

Lets review this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Niley View Post
    Around 4.5k is decent gs.
    Decent? For what? 4.5k gearscore on the right player is more than adequate for ToGC and Ulduar Hard Modes...

Quote Originally Posted by Contagion View Post
    4.5K GS is signifigant overkill for 5 man heroics. 3000 should be more than sufficient, probably lower.

3.5 is probably fine for VOA as that is designed to be run by pugs.
    I'd agree 3.5 is fine for VOA, in fact I'd go as low as 3k without even blinking. If the players got their gear enchanted and gemmed properly (something GS doesn't show) I'd go 2500 because it shows they care enough to probably not suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere View Post
    More like - overgeared much?

Most of the content done with "x" minimum could be done with a much lower gearscore - raid leaders just stack the raid to be overgeared so they can compensate for mistakes.
    Twice in one thread... spot on.

People don't want to WORK to earn their loot, they want it handed to them. This is why I've quit pugging and started GDKP runs... pay me to get you loot, it's awesome.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Quote Originally Posted by palvarik View Post

Yeah, all raiders know about all the addons out there. Just put him on your ignore list and move on.
    Team Riff Raff
    Scoundrel
    Nasty
    Delinquent
    Juvenile

Four Orcs with an Attitude!

meh, I first started running heroics with like 2k gearscore, and at 3k they were getting easy. now at over 4k they are a joke. Isn't Naxx 25 supposedly a 2700 GS raid?

And Gearscore is very broken. It doesn't account for Gems, or enchants, or talent builds, or anything, other than what the itemlevel of a given item is. It's only useful for things like Flame Leviathan, where your gear is used to determine the hitpoints and damage output of the vehicle you are in. I think my main team is between 4k and 4.3k and my shamans are at 4.3-4.4k but they are in all PvP gear.

IF they can come up with an update to gearscore that detects what spec you are in, and cross references the gear to match the spec, and rate accordingly, then its a bit more useful, but as it is now, I can pad gearscores by mixing gear from both of my specs, or even use random crappy items that are of a higher ilvl... I'd rather have a 3k gearscore dps with proper gemming, enchants and spec, than a 5k GS rogue wearing druid spellpower gear, who bought the toon off of ebay...

But besides all that, Fursphere hit the nail on the head. Nobody who is pugging wants to risk ANY sort of mistake, so they only stuff raids with a bunch of extremely overgeared people, who have already done the hardmodes and claim that it's a "badge run" As if it wasnt faster to get more badges in less time from heroics... I've seen sillyness like "LFM Naxx 25 PST GS and Achieve 4500+ only Badge Run" and the pug leader is at like 3500....