Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default Shadow Priests - The Liquefiers.

Consists of:

5 Shadow Priests: Liquefied, Liquefiad, Liquefiud, Liquefiyd, Liquefiod
    Talents - http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...10251120151551

What I want to achieve...
    125% Shadow Damage to Health.
    25% Shadow Damage to Mana.
    5x AoE Fears.
    5x Silences.
    Insane Mana Burn.

If anyone sees a downside to my talent tree that I have chosen, please speak up. The reason for not using spirit tap, is simple. Not all 5 of them can get a killing blow. The reason for not choosing improved mind blast, was simply because I have spells to place between the cd.

Please speak up now though. These are mainly for PvP, but will be used to run select instances and heroics.

just a tip what i would do, not all your priests need shadow weaving and misery. Just have one slut them and put points elsewhere on other chars.
    [align=right][ http://theoptimen.blogspot.com | Level 70 5 Boxer- [A] Frostmourne US ]
    [ 5 Shamans, 1 Druid & 1 Warrior - Mix & Match ]
    [/align]

The layout looks good, as the above poster said you can swap out the misery on others only 1 needs that. As for the shadow weaving, that is fine on all since it applies that much faster, after your first cast you'll be at max.

Downsides:

Horrible Mana Efficiency except for Mindflay
    Mindflay is only 24 yard range and channeled
    I use a Pally as my 5th - so I can do instances.

I did alot of PvP on the PTR with my group and the thing that was pissing me off the most was running out of mana after 2 or 3 battles. Guess I was playing a Warlock with unlimited mana for far too long. :P

-Slats

That's why hopefully I can get the tier gear instead of the pvp gear.

Mana efficiency is based on gear not the class.

PvP for Priests = Stamina, Int, Spell Damage or Healing +
    Raid for Priests = Spirit, Int, Spell Damage (Way more) or Healing +

If I can get kara/gruul/mag gear I should do well.

Before you say I'd never get into kara or a 25 man. My guild has already agreed to it. Considering I'd be an insane dps group.

My 5 priests are specced and aiming for PVP. I don't raid and don't have much of an interest in raiding. That being said, here are my thoughts on your listed goals:

Only one priest needs Misery, and you dont need 5/5 shadow weaving on all of them (I have 3/5 on 3 or 4 and 5/5 on the guy who has misery).

Silence has such a short range that I didn't find it overly useful on anyone but my main, so he's the only one who has it.

You kill stuff so fast that mana burning anything is nearly worthless (in my BG experience anyway....havent arena'ed yet to be able to speak about it). I haven't mana burned much since the 40's and 50's when I was killing 70 healers.

I used spirit tap while leveling and didnt notice the impact that much. It gets spread around semi-randomly, but I found them all generally low on mana only when I ran a dot party or pvp'ed and the tap didn't have any major impact there.

I'd definitely go improved mind blast. I just got into it recently (never had it pre 68) and I don't find myself with that short delay between kills like I used to. Nice for pvp also.

As for Touch, unless you are raiding don't bother. Definitely not worth it for multiboxing priests because everything dies too fast. I dont recall the exact formula's, but if you check wowwiki you'll see how long or how big something needs to be for touch to actually pay you back on mana.

For reference, my 5:

http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....he+Lavodes&p=1

Dreen is my Misery priest
    Sethra is my main and has Silence
    The other 3 have hybrid specs mainly focused on the shadow damage and mana efficiency talents
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Not really an insane dps group to be honest. Mana wouldnt be a problem though if you are really intending to run all 5 of those in 1 group. I know you want to get all the pvp talents (Silence, mana burn) but you really need to get those 3 points in Shadow affinity, theres just no way u can raid without it.

So Misery does not stack?

It's a rough outline, and silence is useful even if it has low range. It's only 1 point.

Yes I'll be a giant threat ball, but that's where I'll spec around until I like it.

Silence is actually a 3 point talent (requires 2 in improved psychic scream). I had improved scream on all 5, but I found that if I had to blow all 5 screams and 30 seconds hadnt gone by then I was probably gonna die anyway

Silence's range for the guys in the back only makes it useful for casters that get on top of you like mage's and pally's. I may change this later for arenas, but so far in BG's having one has worked fine.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

im not sure how bad mana efficiency would be i assume VTs would stack so you will get a sick amount of pve regen.
    trinketing crits on mindblast and sw:death also help with the regen
    [align=right][ http://theoptimen.blogspot.com | Level 70 5 Boxer- [A] Frostmourne US ]
    [ 5 Shamans, 1 Druid & 1 Warrior - Mix & Match ]
    [/align]