Close
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Showing results 41 to 47 of 47

Quote Originally Posted by lans83 View Post
    To this day, I still apply what I learned in this post to all my pugs and raiding. I laughed so hard, yet learned so much from this posting. Tell whoever posted this, that thanks to him/her, I have survived many encounters on my first attempts and still laugh and hang my head at those that won't learn not to stand in shit that hurts them, including tanks.
    Word! This post was made shortly after I started with wow & multiboxing, and got me wondering what raiding was. These simpleprinciples are o so true and will last you quite a while. I'm now playing in one of the higher ranked 9h/week guilds in the world, and I still credit this post for getting me into raiding!
    Last edited by zenga : 02-24-2012 at 10:41 PM
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Word! This post was made shortly after I started with wow & multiboxing, and got me wondering what raiding was. These simpleprinciples are o so true and will last you quite a while. I'm now playing in one of the higher ranked 9h/week guilds in the world, and I still credit this post for getting me into raiding!
    Nice. I copied and posted this on my facebook page too in the notes section and tagged all my raiding buds too. Had to share this knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by genocyde View Post
    Every once in a while I find myself sharing dialogue between my own toons in my head when they break one of these rules.

Tank: "stupid ass mage at least let me get TO the boss before you attack"
    Mage1: "not my fault our keys are bound together l2 avenger's shield while running in"
    Tank: "You should stand farther back this boss cleaves"
    Mage1: "The heals are macro'd might as well make use of em"
    Priest: "stupid mages"
    *tank moves boss away*
    Tank: "speaking of mages, why isn't mage2 casting"
    Mage3: "He's been running into the wall over there this whole fight"
    Mage2: "Sorry, my interact with target glitched again"
    *I press IWT to move my idiot mage back to the boss*
    *boss cleaves everyone*
    *mage1 dies*
    *mage3 dies*
    Mage2: "HAHA, now who's doin the dps"
    i forgot how much this made me cry!

My mage is far too eager to "take one for the team", she is a good 10% xp behind the rest of the group because she dies so often. She's also arcane spec, so it's not like she's getting aoe threat. She is also a bit of a slacker and most of the time if I'm fighting and one toon is doing nothing it will be my mage, who dropped follow a little while ago, usually anywhere there's a patrol or respawns. She's the top dps though so I don't think I can replace her :P

My healer likes to get stuck behind things, but she's a gnome so I can't blame her too much. Haven't done COT Dark Portal yet, but they fixed the water there I think...

My warlock likes to chill at the bottom of the dps meter and fail to soulstone anyone (I really should sort my macro for that out), occasionally she'll send her pet into the wrong group just to make things more interesting.

I also struggle sometimes to assign loot on an objective (who needs it more, who will make the best use of it) basis and find myself thinking about whether the toon deserved it for that fight or not. Probably my own fault for running with 3 clothies.

Years ago, when the animals could still talk, I took it upon me to keep spreading the genius of this post to the newer generations.
    So here we go again.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Very powerful necro, I'm sitting in a dentist office and lol'd.
    Whisperwind-US

Nice when you can pepper a lesson with humor like that. I haven't had a good laugh like that in a while. Thanks for the share.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"