Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

Yep if you go get vanilla wow you can't even make a blood elf character.
    [spoiler][/spoiler]Shaone,Shatwo,Shathree,Shafour,Shafive
    <Zero Tolerance>
    Level: 70
    Server: Azgalor
    Race: Orc / Blood Elf

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Without the expansion you can not "play" the new races or go into the new areas, even though some of them will be attached to the old world.
    You may be correct to an extent but I think there is a misunderstanding here.

If I understand SS correctly, he will have the expansion on his main accounts but will link just for RAF bonus to vanilla accounts.

Let's say he'll be playing humans on the vanilla and worgen on his main accounts with Cataclysm. The humans can summon their Worgen group mates and quest through the human starting areas with the RAF bonus. Then once he's done he will just drop the vanilla RAF accounts with the non-Cataclysm races.
    Last edited by Korruptor : 10-21-2009 at 01:15 PM
    I love the smell of electrocution in the morning!

I think everyone is going to have problems with boosting soon as 3.3 goes live ... with the changes to AOE damage, boosting is going to suck. It will take significantly longer to boost toons up.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html
    Area-of-Effect Damage Caps: We've redesigned the way area damage is capped when hitting many targets. Instead of a hard cap on total damage done, the game now caps the total damage done at a value equal to the damage the spell would do if it hit 10 targets. In other words, if a spell does 1000 damage to each target, it would hit up to 10 targets for 1000 each, but with more than 10 targets, each target would take 1000 damage divided by the number of targets. 20 targets would be hit for 500 damage each in that example.

/getting-all-my-toons-boosted-now
    Alliance - Bonechewer - Reckoning
    [80 teams:] Pally/Priest/Shaman/Mage/Druid | 5x priests | 5x Shamans | 5x druids

Korruptor that is correct. But I thought the OP was planning on having a team of 4 worgen/goblin + dk. Also one thing to consider is the new lowbie questing areas. Almost all the leveling guides I have read all say go to the bloodelf/dranei starting area regradless of your race. This is b/c the quest rewards are a lot better.

I don't know but I would think that the goblin/worgen areas would be the next best place to level your toons.

So In the situation you laid out

upgraded to Cat account a : Make Goblin/Worgen
    upgraded to Cat account b: Make Goblin/Worgen
    Vanilla wow RAFed to account a: make human/orc
    Vanilla wow RAFed to account b: make human/orc

You could do this but to get the full team you are going to have to do it twice before you get 4 goblin/worgen.
    <Zero Tolerance>

Ok to make it more clear cause i see some confusin. I will take my accounts i have of as now BCD and E minus A for boosting. Linke BCD and E to Vanilla wow's. Ok then on BCD and E i will make my worgen chars and goblins and on the other 4 say FGH and I make lets say nething but dreanei for alliance and belf for horde. This way i can then summon them out of their starting areas into a new area and quest somewhere else. Then after they are 60 yes i will make a goblin and worgen and lvl them naturally later on just till they are out of their starting areas then play raf to get them up to 60. I figured this is the easiest way to do it so i do not kill my self trying to lvl 5 at a 1/5 of the exp lol.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Blog Entries

If your existing accounts are A-E.
    And you upgrade these to Vanilla + BC + Wrath + Cataclysm (why not, they're keeper accounts?)...

Then get new accounts just for RAF.
    B links to F
    C links to G
    D links to H
    E links to I
    A can be used for boosting.

Create a <New Race Toon> on B and C.
    Create a <Vanilla Race> on F and G.
    Group B, C, F, G with A who boosts them.

Repeat the process with D/E and H/I.
    A boosts this 2nd group too.

With RAF, you basically level in 1/3rd the time 1st to 60th.
    But you'd have to do it twice, because B, C, D, E won't get RAF grouped together and boosted by A.
    So your level time is 2/3rd's normal, from 1st to 60th.
    At the cost of (4x Vanilla Wow) plus (4x Transfers per Set/Team).

End result is much cheaper then Vanilla + Cataclysm + Transfers, on disposable accounts.
    But the leveling speed is 2/3rds of normal per team instead of 1/3rd per team.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz View Post
    Korruptor that is correct. But I thought the OP was planning on having a team of 4 worgen/goblin + dk. Also one thing to consider is the new lowbie questing areas. Almost all the leveling guides I have read all say go to the bloodelf/dranei starting area regradless of your race. This is b/c the quest rewards are a lot better.

I don't know but I would think that the goblin/worgen areas would be the next best place to level your toons.

So In the situation you laid out

upgraded to Cat account a : Make Goblin/Worgen
    upgraded to Cat account b: Make Goblin/Worgen
    Vanilla wow RAFed to account a: make human/orc
    Vanilla wow RAFed to account b: make human/orc

You could do this but to get the full team you are going to have to do it twice before you get 4 goblin/worgen.
    Yep, that was my understanding as well. If I go that route I understand I will need to do it at least twice. It's still cheaper then repurchasing BC, WoTLK and CC. I personally have entirely too many toons invested to even consider replacing any of my main accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    If your existing accounts are A-E.
    And you upgrade these to Vanilla + BC + Wrath + Cataclysm (why not, they're keeper accounts?)...

Then get new accounts just for RAF.
    B links to F
    C links to G
    D links to H
    E links to I
    A can be used for boosting.

Create a <New Race Toon> on B and C.
    Create a <Vanilla Race> on F and G.
    Group B, C, F, G with A who boosts them.

Repeat the process with D/E and H/I.
    A boosts this 2nd group too.

With RAF, you basically level in 1/3rd the time 1st to 60th.
    But you'd have to do it twice, because B, C, D, E won't get RAF grouped together and boosted by A.
    So your level time is 2/3rd's normal, from 1st to 60th.
    At the cost of (4x Vanilla Wow) plus (4x Transfers per Set/Team).

End result is much cheaper then Vanilla + Cataclysm + Transfers, on disposable accounts.

But the leveling speed is 2/3rds of normal per team instead of 1/3rd per team.
    For me, I have zero intention of transferring anything off the disposable vanilla accounts, hence why I'd call them disposable. So no, it's cheaper to use vanilla WoW RAF's x 4 in conjunction with 4 of my primary accounts.

And as was posted above, in 3.3 they are nerfing AOE so boosting when CC hits won't be nearly effective as it currently is.
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html

When Cataclysm drops I do plan to make both races; I am however also planning at the moment to do this without Boosting, yet taking advantage of the rested bonus (+) heirloom bonus; its not as good as the 300% you can get with RaF, but I still have so much to finish with my current (3) projects that adding (2) more; both Horde since I have never played anything but Alliance, with Cataclysm will only add to my stress. The Horde side will be my casual enjoy the ride teams…
    8/7/09 Level 1 – Pally (Tank); Priest (Shadow); Shaman (Resto); Mage (Frost); Druid (Balance)
    8/19/09 Level 62 – Pally (Tank); Priest (Shadow); Shaman (Resto); Mage (Frost); Druid (Balance)
    8/29/09 Level 68 – Pally (Tank); Priest (Shadow); Shaman (Resto); DK (Blood); Druid (Balance)
    9/5/09 Level 72 – Pally (Tank); Priest (Shadow); Shaman (Resto); DK (Blood); Druid (Balance)
    9/19/09 Level 80 – Pally (Tank); Priest (Shadow); Shaman (Resto); Hunter (BM)); Druid (Balance)

I confused myself. If you are doing RAF you want 4 (or 5) accounts to be getting the 300% bonus. So you could use 3 old accounts and 2 new ones.
    <Zero Tolerance>