Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Spider wing help(so close)

Hello
    I was a bit bored today(again), so i went to naxx 10 with my 5 man group, just tried spider wing.
    I was able to down pretty easily this 2 bosses:

On maxenna i was wiping around 35%ish, Sort of like this:

Anyone has any ideas for this boss? maybe something i missed?
    Im, fine with doing cocoons, and dealing with spiders and her poisons. Problem is that with just 5 between all of that stuff and healing(lots of healing) i have very little time to dps. Ive tried few different ways to position, but that didnt help either....
    Does she spawn spiders and her cocoons below 30%?
    halp!
    Last edited by Niley : 10-19-2009 at 12:13 AM
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

Hi there - haven't done these bosses via boxing yet so I will just tell you what I learned about Maexxna with my other characters.
    - tbh shamans aren't the best healers in this place - make sure that you have all possible hots (I think they only have one?) on the tank before she stuns (i.e. puts them into a cocoon) all of them. Use 1 of your your short cooldowns (f.e. trinkets) on your tank.
    - At about 30% Maexxna automatically enrages, use all remaining cooldowns on the tank character, bloodlust would be very useful and try to burn her down as quick as possible. Unfortunately with the amount of healing required... You probably will have to twoheal it somehow in order to get anywhere.

And yes, she still calls the small adds and webs people after the enrage, thats why with lesser geared raids you wait until her last webbing before burning her down (also called a damage stop ).

My two cents.

I found positioning helped, to ensure there were no long runs to the free people. I also assigned a dps shaman to healing when the healer was wrapped, and made sure the tank was full health before the aoe stun. The resistances from druids MotW helped when chars were shot out of totem range.

I didn't use click to move, but I think that would be great here.

I got two or three more wraps after she enraged, but it did seem to stop at <10ish%.

My priorities were to get everyone back to group and heal tank before stun.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartJelly View Post
    I found positioning helped, to ensure there were no long runs to the free people. I also assigned a dps shaman to healing when the healer was wrapped, and made sure the tank was full health before the aoe stun. The resistances from druids MotW helped when chars were shot out of totem range.

I didn't use click to move, but I think that would be great here.

I got two or three more wraps after she enraged, but it did seem to stop at <10ish%.

My priorities were to get everyone back to group and heal tank before stun.
    Watched your video, maexnna went down, and i got the trinket for a shaman, biggest thing i think was switching lock for a shaman for that extra healing and extra magma totem(i dont use a healer).
    Thanks!

My Videos

Gratz on getting her down, I doubt I could do it without a dedicated healer The trinket was an upgrade for me so grabbed myself a couple and have moved on to contruction....

...Soooo, if you happen to be bored again and fancy giving Gluth a try I'd be interested it he can be DPS'd down (ignoring the adds) 5 man. I've tried many strategies (without kiting), and u have more dps than me so I could work on improving that if its doable. Otherwise I'll have to try kiting :s

Quote Originally Posted by SmartJelly View Post
    Gratz on getting her down, I doubt I could do it without a dedicated healer The trinket was an upgrade for me so grabbed myself a couple and have moved on to contruction....

...Soooo, if you happen to be bored again and fancy giving Gluth a try I'd be interested it he can be DPS'd down (ignoring the adds) 5 man. I've tried many strategies (without kiting), and u have more dps than me so I could work on improving that if its doable. Otherwise I'll have to try kiting :s
    I only do naxx when im bored since i dont need any upgrades from it, i did kill patchwerk/grob before, but haven't tried gluth yet.
    I think the only way to do 4 dps is to have overgeared tank, and my tank has 53k hp party buffed, otherwise I would be doing 3dps/resto shaman.
    I doubt gluth can be dps'ed down with just 4 dps.

My Videos