Close
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 75

Default When did you do the Headless Horseman?

I have a 70 pally tank and 4 shaman x68, all elemental. I can beat this fool. I get him way down but I can't finish him off. Do I just need to bust out my last two levels or should I be able to do this event at 68?
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

I rolled him with a pali/shaman team today without having to throw a heal. He isnt that tough, best thing to do is to burn him as fast as possible and ignore the adds on the 3rd phase. Also kill the the when it pops off, dont just let it sit there
    Lothar-A US --- Deraa,Daleka, Daleke, Dalekii, Daleku (1 Pali / 4x Shaman)

1) spread your shamans out a bit. He throws something at a random person and I think it will affect multiple people if they are on top of each other.

2) tank him a bit aways from your shamans, they should never get hit by his whirlwind this way

3) i drop 1 heal stream + 3 mana stream totems (5th is my prot pally)

4) when his head detaches, switch everyone to the head - I leave my pally by the hh but target the head so my shamans auto target it and DPS it down. Its especially important on the last phase since it ends when the head dies. I have enough DPS so he doesn't even spawn his little adds but you can consecrate near him/them so they all hit the pally anyways. I think this is the 3d head detach phase, this is when you want max DPS since you want to get him from 100-0% very fast, the adds spawn after a certain time but you can easily beat it. Just remember to DPS the head, especially the last phase. In the earlier phases if the head detaches and roams far away I just ignore it, and he merges by himself eventually, but on the last phase I follow the head (with everyone if needed) and kill it.

5) as someone mentioned above, he really doesn't hit hard and a decent geared tank should require no heals. I think I end the fight at 90% health without a single heal, all my shamans just DPS (heal totem helps obv, as does prot pally talents). You can toss an occasional lesser heal on the tank, I also have a button to self-heal lesser healing wave, I use it after one person gets "conflaged".

The moment it kicked off I did it with my 5 shaman squad. They have a few pieces of S2 and the rest blues and greens. Had no problem with him at all.

Has this guys loot table been updated or does he drop the same stuff that he did last year?

I have big troubles with my shamans, they go oom
    [align=center]Kazzak (EU PvP Horde)
    Emela-Emella-Emeela-Emmela-Emeella
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'pixelimp',index.php?page=Thread&postID=136581#pos t136581
    I have big troubles with my shamans, they go oom
    Same, I tried about 3 times this morning...I get about 3 phazes in (I think the second head or so) and go oom. I killed first phaze within about 5 seconds with trink/em, killed head pretty fast, but after that mana starts getting sketchy.
    Siaea(h), Saiea(h), Seaie(h), Sieae(h), Seiae(h) - H(A) PvP
    Parting, Sadeness, Praetorium, Greetings, Salutations - H PvP
    Mullethead, Auderna, Jestitte, Zelynde, Serlena - H PvP
    Clotte, Tahru, Martitsu, Mikiel, Larain - H PvE
    Bonechewer - PvP - US

Isnt it possible with mana pots either?
    Northrend Dungeon Hero - http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/129...1109203942.jpg
    PvP incomming in 3.1

I did this with my 4 shammies (70) with druid tanking, killed him 15 times now losing only 30-40% mana each attempt. Remember mana totems stack now. If you cant cast, 2 rounds of shocks will get the head to the next phase. Just lightning bolt dps, dont bother with chain lightning to conserve mana.

I'm in s2 shoulders and shield, everything else is quest greens/blues from getting to 70. About 490 spell dmg, 7.5k hp, 8.5k mana, 8.5k armour.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

So tempting to say 'last night' but that would be extremely inappropriate as that is not the kind of behaviour we wish to see on these wonderful forums.