Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Scrub questions. Two of them. - Hardware + batch files.

Is there some insanely obvious reason why my batch file isn't doing anything?

[code:1]
    c:\Program Files(x86)\World of Warcraft\maximizer.exe
    D:\Program FIles(x86)\World of Warcraft 2\maximizer.exe
    D:\Program Files(x86)\World of Warcraft 3\maximizer.exe
    [/code:1]

Not related to dual boxing, per se, but my mouse doesn't work when I turn my computer on, so I have to unplug it and plug it back in, after that it works fine. The keyboard is a bit more bizarre - only the modifier keys don't work, but the same solution fixes it.

I'm assuming it's something PnP related, but I'm not sure how to fix it. The USB root hub doesn't have any settings that look awry.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition, MSI P6N Platinum mainboard.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Fantastic, more problems.

The 2nd and 3rd copies of WoW error out when I try to log in.

I've know idea what to do about that one.

Edit: Before I installed maximizer I got all 3 logged in fine.

Might not be this but I had similar mouse/keyboard issue a while back, it turned out that the USB on the motherboard was failing, it was a newish board then and was like that from installation. However that was under XP so it might be something different for Vista.
    Currently running 3x City of Heroes under Octopus

Hmm. That would make me a sad panda, the heat sink on the CPU took me 30 minutes to get seated right. I'll look into it though, I'm already about halfway through the return period.

Solved the errors, don't know how. Primarily worried about the mouse/keyboard now. Also would like to know what's wrong with the batch file, but no rush.

I ran into this problem with the directory World of Warcraft

Using wow2, wow3 and wow4 copies of the directory, it worked fine. With this as evidence, I assumed it was something having to do with a path containing spaces in the batch file.

When you "run" something from a command line, you can't have spaces, and you can only have 8 characters per directory call. Your example would appear like this:

C:\progra~1\worldo~1\maximizer.exe
    D:\progra~1\worldo~2\maximizer.exe
    D:\progra~1\worldo~3\maximizer.exe

If this complicates things for you, copy/rename the paths to:
    C:\WoW1\maximizer.exe
    D:\WoW2\maximizer.exe
    D:\WoW3\maximizer.exe

As for your mouse issue, its hardware related if it doesn't even work properly when you turn on your computer. A small chance is that Windows installs 2 mouse drivers upon bootup at the same time, and they are creating a conflict.

Lokked

Quote Originally Posted by Lokked
    When you "run" something from a command line, you can't have spaces, and you can only have 8 characters per directory call. Your example would appear like this:

As for your mouse issue, its hardware related if it doesn't even work properly when you turn on your computer. A small chance is that Windows installs 2 mouse drivers upon bootup at the same time, and they are creating a conflict.

Lokked
    batch files run using the newer version of the command shell (which isnt really DOS at that point but anywho) on windows XP or later (or 2k with some manual stuff) can be done with spaces however you need quotation marks at the beginning and end of each line. Personally I like the simpler aproach and having the directories in a root drive like C:\wow1 C:\wow2 etc since it makes for quicker browsing and clean looking.
    http://pewpewsquad.blogspot.com/ http://www.stage6.com/user/pewpewss/videos/
    Team 1- 5 shamans <The PewPew Squad> Team2 - <Y o u Lo se> 70 druid, 70 shaman, 1 paladin, 24 mage, 1 mage
    Team 1 -> <1--10--20--30--40--44--50--60--70>

Quote Originally Posted by marvein
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokked

Lokked
    batch files run using the newer version of the command shell (which isnt really DOS at that point but anywho) on windows XP or later (or 2k with some manual stuff) can be done with spaces however you need quotation marks at the beginning and end of each line. Personally I like the simpler aproach and having the directories in a root drive like C:\wow1 C:\wow2 etc since it makes for quicker browsing and clean looking.
    I prefer unnecessarily organized to clean looking.

Not at home at the moment, but I'll try it with quotes. Thanks much.

I emailed Razer, they gave me a couple of ideas.

Thanks.

Quotes worked for me when I was clicking on the batch file and nothing was happening. I'm running Windows XP.

Running 3 WoWs on a 24 inch monitor at 1920x1200 resolution. I don't know if the margins are exactly right, but I'm at work and trying to remember how I have it set up at home. I just copied from here and made it work for my resolution.
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=1767

[code:1]
    REM batch file to launch 3 evenly spaced wows
    REM Left monitor
    "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft2\Maximizer.exe" --margin 0,600,0,0
    REM top of right mon
    "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft3\Maximizer.exe" --margin 0,30,0,960
    REM bottom of right mon
    "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft4\Maximizer.exe" --margin 0,30,960,0
    [/code:1]