Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default How fast do you level dual boxing? WoW

Right now, I bot, I don't really want to bot anymore, its more trouble than it is worth, plus it really isn't as fun as you may think it would be. Leveling / grinding gold while you're afk is fun for a bit, but once you see people getting banned left and right, you start to think. Is it really worth loosing everything for?

I used to think, aw hell no, and I would bot straight through banwaves, usually getting at least one of my accounts banned of the two or three I would have running. But now it just isn't fun to bot, sure its cool to wake up and see you got 5 levels, but I just want to be there and experience everything.

Then I found dual boxing (thanks to someone from the mmoglider forums) and it has perked my interest greatly. I'm very sure I want to do this, I'm just curious though, how fast do you level dual boxing? Faster than normal? About the same?

Thanks for reading all of this.

Just to be clear, we don't support any form of botting here. But your questions are valid.

Dual boxing will level about the same speed as a single character only you will have two level 70s when you are finished.

An experienced 5 boxer can level pretty fast too - but lends itself to being slower due to the inability to really ultra maximize your quest chains (collection quests are slow to do 5x).

But when you are done, you have 5 level 70s.

Just started here. I'm a 3boxer, and have leveled 4 toons to 70. My basic strategy is to run instances through 60 using my epiced out mage, then quest.

My first run was with a pally/lock and the mage. that resulted in me hitting 60 in 5 days played, and 70 in 10. But I wasn't very effcieint at it. I'm trying another try at it, doing two healers (pally/priest). Only 20th, but they only have 3.5 hours played. I expect to hit 60 in under 3 days played, and 70 in under maybe 7 or 8, dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzin
    Just to be clear, we don't support any form of botting here. But your questions are valid.

Dual boxing will level about the same speed as a single character only you will have two level 70s when you are finished.

An experienced 5 boxer can level pretty fast too - but lends itself to being slower due to the inability to really ultra maximize your quest chains (collection quests are slow to do 5x).

But when you are done, you have 5 level 70s.
    I understand about the non-botting thing, I just wanted to kind of give a backstory type of thing, sorry if I came off like I was promoting botting at all. Because I wasn't.

Thanks for the info though, I'm only planning on dual boxing, I don't have the resources for doing 5 lol.

Default Re: How fast do you level dual boxing? WoW

Quote Originally Posted by proxymatic
    I used to think, aw hell no, and I would bot straight through banwaves, usually getting at least one of my accounts banned of the two or three I would have running. But now it just isn't fun to bot, sure its cool to wake up and see you got 5 levels, but I just want to be there and experience everything.
    Hardly seems a promotional stunt.

Anyway, as for dualboxing you might level slightly faster than a single boxer if you choose a good class-combo*, but getting used to it will quickly eat away the advantage.

Except, that is, that you'll be levelling 2 chars and so only have to spend half the time /played to get a lvl 70 of each of your favorite classes.

Also there's the advantage of Blizzard's attitude towards you. If you bot they want you to die a painful death, preferably digging out your heart with an extraordinarily blunt spoon's backside. If you dualbox they want to be your best friend.

*) Priest/warlock combo will get +18% dmg from basic debuffs, a pet that's constantly healed, and in the extremely unlikely chance one dies the other can rezz saving the CR. Also based on my single-box experience I believe that hunter/mage would be quite effective.

I just started a draenei paladin/priest combo yesterday, they're up to level 15 in about 9 hours of /played time. I did spend some time idle (1-2 hours?) and tinkered with the setup using tips from here and figuring out the multibox application. Right now I'm having multibox just broadcast the numpad keys and I have a special set of hotbars on the second box bound to the numpad keys so when I hit them on the paladin's box, they get sent to the priest.

Num1 is the accept quest/trade/etc macro
    Num2 is smite
    Num3 is follow paladin
    Num4 is mind blast
    Num5 is SW:Pain
    Num6 is heal paladin
    Num8 is PW:Shield
    Num9 is renew on paladin

I had just leveled a shaman to level 23 a few days before and it would appear that I am under-leveling relative to the quests I am working on (ie, I have to grind mobs a little bit in order to level up to open up quest opportunities) with the dualbox combo compared to the shaman. I figure if I leave the combo idle for a while and get some rest xp going, it won't be as much of a problem.

I chose a paladin instead of a warrior due to its 3-target taunt and better aoe capability. The priest will be able to be at range to heal and dps (shaman typically works best in melee for dps and druid is a bit too complicated for me).

I haven't had downtime between fights (maybe I need to push a little harder?), and this seems to handle well so far.

I suggest if you want to lvl fast ie 1-60 in 4 days of playing time( there is also a 60-70 guide for both i believe ) then get a hold of Brian's alliance lvling guide or Jhonas horde lvling guide both top quality

Don't borther pulling harder just to achieve downtime. Exp/hour wont improve, but chance of death will.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium
    I suggest if you want to lvl fast ie 1-60 in 4 days of playing time( there is also a 60-70 guide for both i believe ) then get a hold of Brian's alliance lvling guide or Jhonas horde lvling guide both top quality
    ... and there's Jame's levelling guide, which is free and just as effective. One for each faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Runiat
    ... and there's Jame's levelling guide, which is free and just as effective. One for each faction.
    I second this, used it for my rogue from about level 30 on, really top notch, be sure to read ahead so you know what's coming up.

Here it is:
    http://www.wow-pro.com/node/600

I'm currently leveling up some Horde Mages and the only issue with a leveling guide such as these is the grinding spots. You'll never make enough EXP just on pure grinding if your playing 3+. Collect quests are also nightmares, to offset this instancing helps quite a bit as well as elite quests that are usually skipped because solo players cannot complete.