Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default lol ... 2 trial accounts banned

This is strange, this morning when I was going to log into my 4 trial accounts I found that my 2 of my accounts have been banned.

After 2 hours on hold with blizzard billing support I finally got a hold of someone. Turns out that I stupidly made a name typo when creating two of trial. When I made these accounts I was rushing to get started so instead of "Eric" I put Eris. The fact that I made a typo in my name not once but ... but twice still baffles me. Guess trying to create 4 accounts at 2am is a bad idea. I didn't realize this error until I called them.

Apparently they thought that I was playing two accounts that didn't belong to me. I explained to them that I was trying to multibox and that the name was a typo and that I am the original creator of all 4 accounts. They basically said "sorry, we can't do anything until you send documentation". (skrew waiting a month).

The guy I spoke to was nice and told me that instead of worrying about this ... I can make more trials to replace the 2 banned ones.

Lesson to be learned: Make sure your name and contact info match on your accounts. You are on the GM spotlight when multi boxing.

Time to make new trails I guess.

Lesson to be learned: Make sure your name and contact info match on your accounts. You are on the GM spotlight when multi boxing.
    a very important lesson for all multi-boxers. thx for the post

Thats BS. Just because they THINK that you get banned. Not even asking you. Those SOB's
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock

Sorry to be a cynic but if Eric is you name, or even your planned char name, C isn't exactly close to S on a QWERTY, how did you manage it?

My advice?

Cut down on the booze :O
    Muraman/Muramar, Murmanela, Murmlena, Murmarula, Murmarina - Silvermoon EU
    Gnarlight, Gnarlon, Gnarlin, Gnarly, Gnarley - Silvermoon EU
    Fileta, Celestara, Floriana, Paleforth, Kyudo - Kilrogg EU

what if i put a phony name for my first account i made?

Meh it doesn't really bother me that I got banned, I'm just glad it happened before I upgraded the accounts. Nothing lost although not the best way to start my multi boxing experience .

It was late and I was in a rush, not sure how I managed to mistake a C with a S not once but twice. It's only one key apart but still what a typo. I feel more foolish than anything else. Just felt I'd post this experience as a warning to others ... GMs do check your name and contact info.

binkie ... if your still in trial I suggest you remake one and use your real name just to be safe. Also in case your account gets hacked, you will need to send blizzard a copy of a photo ID to get it back.

its my main account with the 3 level 70s in s2 gear and the random 10-65 characters that has a phony name

lol just hope your account never gets hacked cause you'll never get it back.

a long time back i bought a second account from a guy i worked for cause he was quiting so i gave him 20$ instead of buying another copy for 50$ (back before TBC) this account got hacked and since it was not my name on the account i could'nt get it recovered since we were both in the navy and have moved away. This was my bank toons. so i lost bags and bags of enchanting mats thorium and herbs.

i think i have 3 names on my 4 accounts :S, well hope i never get investigated to much :S
    Signature edited by Svpernova09

I'm going to quote a post I made here: http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums2/v...t=2781&start=0

Right now, you are breaking the EULA with the 3 accounts that you don't own. This is a bannable offense and being a multiboxer you will get reported more often than a normal player.

Now take a look at this post: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...86742188&sid=1
    Particularly, this part by Vrakthis:
    If they were investigated would we just go "oh they are multiboxing, they are Ok."? Absolutely not. We investigate each botting/powerleveling report we receive fully and believe it or not we actually do look at the simple stuff like account information. Not to mention we look at a great deal of other information in our investigations.
    So, what are the consequences? Well, they get worse the longer you "put off" buying your own legitimate accounts. The more time you invest into these characters on these accounts you do not own, the harder it will be to "start from scratch" with new acocunts later.

Ask yourself, is it worth it to probably lose your 3 other accounts after your characters hit 70 and have to re-level 3 more characters on 3 new accounts all the way up to 70? Or do you want to just shell out the cash to do it now?

It's the same cost. Now or later. Except later you'll have more time invested and lost when your characters get banned.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]