Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Hello and thank you

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new EQ2 boxer. I've lurked through these pages many times and I really appreciate all the information here. The only multiboxing experience I have is from a quad box setup in WOW. That opened my eyes to a lot of possibilities in other games. So, of course being an old EQ player, I thought I'd try it in EQ2.

I have my setup now running Innerspace and ISBoxer. I have my six sessions all configured and I'm slowly going through the process of tweaking. A couple questions, although, if any may know:

1. I understand using the virtual files in ISBoxer for the eq2recent.ini, but have any of you setup symbolic links for any of the data folders? I'm not sure if that's even necessary for EQ2, but I know for WOW linking the data folders seemed to really help performance.

2. Being a new ISBoxer user, I'm still going through the process of setting up macros and key maps. How easy is it to chain spells together in one macro? Again from my WoW experience I used "\click" and "\castsequence" for a lot of that stuff. I guess I'm wondering if there is something similar for EQ2. (EDIT: nevermind I found Khatovar's macro guide post - answered my questions)

Thanks again for the great community here. It makes my hobby that much more enjoyable.

Oh, almost forgot, I'm on the Lucan Dlere server and started up a SK, Warden, Defiler, Troub, Wizard, Coercer group make up. Although I'm wondering if I need swap out some utility for more DPS.

-Qinx
    Last edited by qinx : 09-10-2009 at 01:04 PM

Welcome to the forums.
    Marathoning: the triumph of desire over reason

swap your coercer for an illy you will get way more dps from that, seeing that your illy can use time compression on your wizard and your troub will be able to put upbeat tempo on your illy. If your worried about agro issues the sk wont have much but even then putting tandem from your illy on the wiz troub and illy acts as dehate also yoru troub has a dehate for all casters and scouts. The illy will also give your group haste as well and you can put the tandem on your sk as well but he wont get the dehate from it because it does not work on fighter classes but you will get the proc form it which will help him with hate as well.

Question for you though, why a defiler?

I had thought about using a Illusionist instead and may just try that out. My team has only just started so changing classes isn't a big deal. As for the defiler, I basically wanted another healer and thought it might go better with a SK. Although from what I'm reading there are better alternatives out there...

if you are going to use a shaman class, i would consider a mystic because of their group slow and their group debuffs. A defiler has single target slows.

Although a defiler has a 10k ward and they have 2 Hp buffs while a mystic has bolster and 1 hp buff and a stanima buff. ( i find the hp difference is about 100 different)

A defiler does more dps with his debuffs though as well so if you want extra dps then that might be the way to go.

SK, Warden, Defiler, Troub, Wizard, Coercer
    - Personally, I always default to my mystic when the going gets rough, but at these times I will always have the pally as MT (played since release - so pretty old skool) - I will admit though, if I am running the SK, I do like the defiler for the extra DPS for pure farming / grinding

Have a look at it this way (this is how I have set up my accounts):
    - MT - both crusaders and a guard (+ potenially a zerk oneday)
    - MH - both shaman (+ potenially a warden oneday)
    - OH - both clerics and a fury
    - DPS - both rogues and a wiz (+ potenially a lock oneday)
    - CC - both enchanters
    - Util - both bards

These combos will allow 'most' group combos that work (with the exception of 2 x bards in the same team which is a bit of a shame to miss out on but I don't want to try and fit out say 2 x troubs for example) - so simply, I run a: crusader, shaman, cleric, rogue, enchanter, bard team and find it works for practically everything

What you are both suggesting is different preferences for one shaman over the other - if you set them both up on the same account (MH in my case) you can swap whichever one you like in as needed - the same goes for the CC (and, in my case, bards). I have placed these classes on the same account as it's pretty obvious we'd never use both shaman in the 1 FG, same goes for the CC (well...except for some raiding combos perhaps)

So simply, try both shamans/chanters, just make sure you make them on the same account as you can swap them in and out to find what works the best for you

Clarification: I should state right now - I will always pick melee over casting anyday - so when I say I run a crusader, shaman, cleric, rogue, enchanter, bard team - you could quite easily turn it into a crusader, shaman, cleric, DPS (melee or caster), enchanter, bard team if you like squishies
    Last edited by Noxxy : 09-10-2009 at 09:06 PM Reason: Clarification

Thanks for the input and advice. It helps quite a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by qinx View Post
    (EDIT: nevermind I found Khatovar's macro guide post - answered my questions)
    I'm not playing EQ2 these days. If my guide gets out of date, feel free to PM me with stuff that I need to change.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _