Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    E.g. if you have 3 buttons with:
    /castsequence Flameshock,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    /castsequence Lava Burst,,,,,,,,,,
    /cast Ligthning Bolt
    plus a spam macro to /click them in this order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Actually, the commas are mostly used for timing.
    As you noted,
    /castsequence Lightning Bolt
    /castsequence Flame Shock, Lava Burst
    Off topic from the original post (but in keeping with the rest of it)... This would be a good example of how a comma sequence can be used to good effect to improve on the sequence below it. The Lightning Bolt is no longer on a cast sequence and won't be subject to any associated delays, and the fire spells can potentially be better timed to match their cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Niley
    yes thats why you use click macros
    But does the use of 3 buttons and an additional /click provide any additional benefit beyond personal preference/macro size? It seems to me that the term "/click" has been associated with certain dps enhancements that aren't directly reliant on /click itself. Thus the notion of l2click is slightly misleading.
    Last edited by SmartJelly : 09-03-2009 at 12:36 PM Reason: l2quote

There is no dps gain by using /click over multiple /castsequences in a single macro. /click just avoids the problem of the character limit when using those /castsequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Whowantstoknow View Post
    There is no dps gain by using /click over multiple /castsequences in a single macro. /click just avoids the problem of the character limit when using those /castsequences.
    I used to think that too. You guys should listen to Niley and Fur (and others), they have tested this extensively and shown otherwise. I went from 2500 dps to 4500 dps by switching to click. I was pretty skeptical until I tried it.

Before that I went from 1800 to 2500 by switching from FTL to focus.

-K

Quote Originally Posted by dubiox View Post
    I used to think that too. You guys should listen to Niley and Fur (and others), they have tested this extensively and shown otherwise. I went from 2500 dps to 4500 dps by switching to click. I was pretty skeptical until I tried it.

Before that I went from 1800 to 2500 by switching from FTL to focus.

-K
    You are incorrect - to increase your dps that much you fundamentally changed your rotation.

Consider these two methods

All in one version
    /castsequence FS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    /castsequence LvB,,,,,,,,,
    /cast LB

/Click Method
    /Click Button 1
    /Click Button 2
    /Click Button 3

#Button 1

#Button 2

#Button 3
    /cast LB

They will give you the same dps hence there is no dps gain using /click - the dps gain is from using a method that allows you to prioritise your spells.

/click allows you to extend your macro beyond the normal 255 characters it does not change the way macros work
    Last edited by Whowantstoknow : 09-05-2009 at 01:44 PM

You can change macros mid combat using the all in one version - you could have 2 macros for example

all in 1 with CL
    /Castsequence CL,,,,,,,,,,
    /cast LB

all in 1 without CL
    /cast LB

and swap them out

But the method I am using is this

All in 1 with optional CL
    /Castsequence [mod:ctrl] CL,,,,,,,,,,;, (note the semi colon and extra comma at the end
    /cast LB

Then I just hold ctrl when I want to CL

/shrug both methods work and it is down to personal preference but I wanted to dispel the myth that /click increases dps. It has its uses and is an awesome tool but it in itself does not increase dps

edit: just wanted to add that I use /click to add windshear to my rotation for certain bosses so I certainly am not adverse to using it I just want to help people to understand why they are using /click and not use it without needing to

so my macro is this

/Click Button1
    /Castsequence [mod:ctrl] CL,,,,,,,,,,;,
    /cast LB

I could easily switch this to

/Click Button1
    /Click Button 2
    /cast LB

ie use all in one for your core rotation and /click for the optional spells
    Last edited by Whowantstoknow : 09-05-2009 at 03:02 PM Reason: additonal info

Wow that was constructive