Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Hadronox died before engaging !!!

Just had the weirdest ini experience: the giant spider boss Hadronox just died in front of my eyes by the trash in the lair and his body disappeared ! Could just walk by and go streight to Anub'Arak...

anyone seen this before? or is this a cata bug?

The very first time I ran my group, the same thing happened. I stood there as he killed the adds but they ended up killing the boss. No credit, no loot. I think its just a rare math glitch where he doesn't get his hp back from the poison because he did not cast it enough.

Yeah, this has happened to me a couple of times now - very odd, but kind of fun because, well, screw Hadronox after it ate me so many times!

This is part of the encounter, your supposed to try and engage the mob somewhat akin to the achievement. If you sit back and just deal with the first two pulls the boss dying and being out of the loot is the chance you take.

Also tagging the boss and having the npcs kill her has also a chance.

Blog Entries

We had a glitch tonight also, different though from what was discussed already.

Got to the giant spider, and he got stuck in the hallway coming up, with spiders coming out. He never killed all the spiders, and the spiders didn't stop coming.

even after a wipe, the same thing happened again. We just had to quit and take the left group penalty.

Stephen
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Just get a hunter / mage / rogue to agro the mobs that start the little event then have them vanish/fd/invis. This resets the encounter and you just walk right by

thanks for the replies - good to see it happens not just to me

There is actually one thing I don't like about WoW: being completely deterministic. Once you nailed a boss strategy, you will always nail it with alost no deviation.

This glitch is a bit different - almost feels like there is some intelligence in it... a scene with options...

I remember events in anarchy online where 20 GMs would attack a meeting of the major 5 guildes to get some unbelievable action - I must admit, I had never such an intense feeling in a game. Division 9 forever... boy I miss that...

Or hunting jedis players in SWG, following an overpowered class for days and finally get that window of opportunity to kill - uff, those sweet chat flames... the envy to be a jedi transformed into a bullet hitting a fleshy skull... bad jedi...

5 or 10 boxing makes WoW interesting, but isn't that just an excuse if the basic game is complex, but purely following a linear logic?

funny how I still spend an amasing amount of hours with it

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    Just get a hunter / mage / rogue to agro the mobs that start the little event then have them vanish/fd/invis. This resets the encounter and you just walk right by
    This also works with any night elf, just shadowmeld after aggroing, does the same thing. I do this all the time when I'm in a hurry for boss loot, and not exp.