Close
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Showing results 241 to 250 of 265

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post

Anyway, Phase 2 is a burn phase. Just burn him down, and when he hits around 20k or less, set everyone to follow and just run out of the ghoul swarm. They'll explode harmlessly, and then its phase 3.
    Thank you for that tact!!, after more than 40 wipes total, I finally I beat ToC HC!! wohoo

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz View Post
    I run a paladin 4 shaman team (one resto).

I have cleared the heroic maybe 5 or 6 times. I have mixed results on the black knight. Like you I have a hard time with phase 2. I have to drop 4 fire elementals to even have a chance in that phase. Even sometimes when I get past phase 2 I will experience massive aoe damage on my slaves.

So for me on the black knight it is attempt it once. Wait 20 mins for the cooldown on fire elementals to expire. Then attempt again.

I set my team up against a wall so they don't get thrown back. Watch this it is pretty much what I try every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAXLXWLHtiw
    I watched your video yesterday and it was an incredible help, managed to clear HToC twice now - thx!
    The big differences to my approach were:
    1 - during the jousting positioning the team AWAY from the walls, amazing difference as I can actually target properly, don't have to worry about the champions getting a new mount and if the champions are out of los then I just take a step back
    2 - Black Knight - the fire eles in the second phase works like a charm
    3 - Bringing the team over to the Black Knight with the pally in the 3rd phase made him cake, didn't lose anyone in this phase

on the second bosses I had trouble with the memory of eck for some reason and wiped maybe 3 times, the fourth time I zoned in it was that dragon from VH and was pretty easy, although that time I did have some tremor totems down

the pally boss wasn't an issue, had him today and he just dropped

Thx !
    Last edited by Simulacra : 10-28-2009 at 06:19 AM

I managed to clear the instance on heroic. It's extremely hard, but I think I could repeat it. I only got one piece of loot I could use: a cloth chest for my mage.

On phase 2 I drop 4 fire elementals + army of the dead.

Those little buggers keep the ghouls in the middle while the fire elementals burn them down. While I move away my team from the slaughter, i pop thunderstorm while running away, throwing back anything that follows back into the grinder. Then i start burning down the black knight from a distance.
    Azjol Nerub ( EU )

Tryxxa , Tryxxe, Tryxxi, Tryxxo, Tryxxu => shamans @ 80
    Deafknight @ 80 ==> my tank on demand

HC's cleared: Nexus, Utgarde Keep, CoT:CoS, Gundrak, Drak'tharon Keep, Trial of The Crusader,

I didn't really see anything mentioned about this, but this is a long thread so if I missed it, oops.

A little late to the party since I dropped a few toons and brought up another paladin {from level 1 with no RAF, ouch}. I noticed a while back during a messy Black Night kill where I had to do a LOT of moving that he'd dropped desecration on my totems. I finally got my new toon up and was able to try TotC tonight since it was the heroic daily {I was SOOO not geared for this, but anyway}.

He will indeed consider totems as "targets". Tonight I backed all my guys against the wall near the exit and dropped 2 totem sets on top of each other, then strafed everyone to the left so they were about 5 or so yards away from the totem farm but still against the wall. Every single time he dropped Desecration on my totems and not my guys. Turned out to be the ONLY fight that I didn't lose a single toon on, and it was the one I was dreading the most.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Great tip khatovar !!

I'll try that : Drop the totemfarm and move out of the way. That would severly lower the overall dmg taken in the 3d phase.
    Azjol Nerub ( EU )

Tryxxa , Tryxxe, Tryxxi, Tryxxo, Tryxxu => shamans @ 80
    Deafknight @ 80 ==> my tank on demand

HC's cleared: Nexus, Utgarde Keep, CoT:CoS, Gundrak, Drak'tharon Keep, Trial of The Crusader,

I really don't understand how people find toc hc easy. atm i'm trying the mounted shit with my 4 shaman, naked. 3 wipes so far got 1 boss around at 80% when my main died and i quit.

vehicles......
    Last edited by Littleburst : 01-18-2010 at 01:20 PM

Rated Arena Member

Just joust them away from the other horses. I don't do this because I end up having my tank get dismounted everytime almost instantly. I always managed to waste them though. I usually have one char die though.
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US

Got it as my daily the other day. I still think it's pretty easy as long as you know how to do the fights:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthrea...light=jousting

Make sure to keep your shields up on all your guys!

On the first fight, I can do the trios fairly easily. Sometimes I have to get a fresh mount sometimes not. But when the bosses charge, it's almost as if they togather 1 shot me. By the time I can get back up......(They stun?)....they have already killed another of my toons. Also, it seems if I have to switch mounts, they won't pick up focus again at all, no matter how much I mash my button.

6 times so far, best I've gotten one down, which remounted before I could get remounted again myslef. This all on regular.