Close
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 110 of 265

In heroic mode this instance is a real nightmare for my main team (5x pallys).
    Normal is trivial but heroic...really hard.
    Last night tryed it again. In my previous attempts i wiped always vs 3 champions.
    But this time (hehe) no rogue around.
    Got warrior+caster belf+hunter.
    It was hard but finally doable.
    2nd boss(got female) is hard but doable too (a couple of wipes).
    DK is really harder in heroic. but again doable.
    What i cant understand : the huge difference (at least for me) between 3 champions WITH rogue and 3 champions WITHOUT him.
    Balance
    cost = 600g in repair (total in 3 days)
    gain =good polearm weapon x1

That rogues melee AE is unreal.

Its funny how the different fights seem to test the different set ups. The 3 champion combo has never been a problem for my team. However, I have yet to get Paletress.

Its a fun test. Grats on polearm!
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

edit, actually nvm, no matter what i say will change your mind, from other posts I can see that some find this easier than others. Its all about having fun and not who has the biggest penis in the end. I <3 You all!!
    Last edited by Niley : 08-18-2009 at 10:28 AM
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

Niley,

If you'd limited your comments to design concerns, that would have been received well. I happen to agree. Its a straight forward vanilla set of boss fights. That said, expecting something else from an arena-based instance is probably silly.

So, You've cleared instance before and after upgrades eh?
    so the end result is identical other than you clearing it 4 minutes faster.
    No, the end result isn't identical. I had some encounters that I didn't clear until hitting a certain gear threshold. Also, I had some fights that I'd win 1 out of 2 or 3 tries that after getting geared I one shotted there after.

Just in case you dont remember some of us cleared everything but one instance about 2 or 3 weeks after wotlk was released, and even then when NO ONE had gear it wasn't that hard.
    Ss2 was the first one to clear all heroics, within a week of wotlk release iirc.
    So, you cleared Oculus 2 or 3 weeks after WotLK in blue/green gear? Old Kingdom was cake then too huh?

Look, if you're that skilled a player then hats off to you. I happen to think you're blowing a bunch of arrogant smoke in this thread. Gear of course makes a difference. The entire game is based on scaling gear to take on the next challenge.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

if you really want to continue this, i just did this in t6 gear 533 def 30k hp fully buffed and my shamans wearing mix of lvl 70 gear
    http://www.hdimage.org/images/ic2jtnqqg5o5iltor83.jpg
    http://www.hdimage.org/images/k6ba6ngp5gcls45go0z.jpg
    2nd boss was kinda funn his hammer would one shot my shaman, so by the time i was done 2 were dead, but they have 14k hp in tier4..
    You're more than welcome to join us on dualboxing irc channel(listed on top) to continue this. Otherwise lets keep this clean.
    I am streaming to people that are in the channel.
    Last edited by Niley : 08-18-2009 at 04:16 PM

My Videos

Try it with 23k health on your tank =)

Heres the simple facts.
    1. Gear matters! Gear is not ALL that matters though. No amount of gear will make up for a severe lack of skill.

2. SKILL matters! You CAN complete harder content if you have high skill. Skill is not ALL that matters though! All the skill in the world will not let you live through some bosses DPS crits/AEs unless you have a MINIMUM level of HP gained through better gear!

For example, Niley admits that he DIED to Hammer of the Righteous because the gear he was using did not give him enough HP to take the hit. From his own example he proves that gear does matter at least to survive with all members alive. In the same example he proves that a lack of skill will get you killed as well. Any skilled player would know that GROUNDING totems will absorb Hammer of the Righteous, so he should have had some down. If he had, he might not have died! OR he had so little mana, HP that he was healing like crazy and had no time to keep refreshing grounding totems!

So a combo of skill and gear matters! The End! And i <3 U2 Niley 8)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Niley View Post
    2nd boss was kinda funn his hammer would one shot my shaman, so by the time i was done 2 were dead, but they have 14k hp in tier4..
    l2cleanse

I was trying to do the achievement
    and i said that gear matter to a certain point, once you have tank with 28k ish hp and slaves at that level(of gear), you can clear every heroic out there.

My Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Niley View Post
    and i said that gear matter to a certain point, once you have tank with 28k ish hp and slaves at that level(of gear), you can clear every heroic out there.
    ^^

It really seems silly to be all confrontational about this topic really... Anyone who's farming normal but having difficulty in heroic will likely be over any gear-related hump within a week or two anyways and then this becomes just another heroic to add to the circuit.