Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Can you use healbot while multiboxing?

I need some help with healing. Just wondering how you guys are doing it?

Thanks in advance
    Team 1 Pally 4 x shaman

Team 2 Pally not sure of the rest yet

I dont see how Healbot would be usefull to you, if the healer is not the toon you are focusing at.
    Healbot is made to make healing easy by clicking, thus making it complicated.
    Healing for me is about targeting at this point.
    Targeting and macros
    Keynes - Vantâ - Vantà - Vantá
    [0.........10.........20.........30.........40..... ..48.50.........60.........70.........80]
    Chromaggus - EU

Default healbot

As stated by vantalim you need to have it on the healertoon, and need to be controlling that one so will be kinda hard.

If you have the luxery to actually mouse on the healer toon, then just make a mouseover healing macro.

A small example:

#showtooltip Lifebloom
    /cast [target=mouseover, help][help][target=player] Lifebloom

I never have anyone selected and it also works on Grids ( like healbot, no clicking, just mouseover )

This also helps to improve your raidhealing ( saves seconds !! ) But harder for Multiboxing, Just buy a G15 keyboard and make life easy.</IFRAME>

well, if you realy want to use healbot, you of course, could use mouse broadcasting, and the same positioning of healbot (or grid with mouse-over-macros) on your main and the healer, and simply broadcast the mouseclicks, as long as the order of the toons in healbot/grid is the same.
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

When i used to use pally shaman i would have paladin as my off screen toon and send the pally in and just keep spamming my castrandom macro. And on shaman id jsut spam chain heal and click on heal bot when i get low on hp.

Blog Entries

I'm messing around with Grid + GridCustomLayouts + Clique for PvP's.
    My Pally is dual spec, to a Prot/Holy second spec.

With GridCustomLayouts, I can have each member of my team visible as a bar, irregardless of the group they're in.

I use Target=TargetTarget for my assist system, so the shammies nuke whatever the pally targets.
    I don't want the pally to have to change targets for healing.
    My PvE heals are all assisting the pally, or directed to the pally and work really well.

Clique (with Grid) basically duplicates the effects of HealBot.
    I've gone with Alt-Left Click and Alt-Right Click, target = mouseover (which is the Grid bar).

Working so far.
    As long as you're on the healer toon, or have reliable mouse broadcasting, it should be fine for you too.

Healbot is great on pally tanks. It gives you an idea of who is poisoned or magiked.
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

Setup healbot to display the same on all toons.
    Setup healbot binds on healer only and leave all binds empty on all other toons.
    Load ISBoxer and setup a repeater region over your healbot display to forward mouseclicks to healer.

Click and heal no matter who you control as if you were playing the healer.

I don't use healbot, but I use OpenRDX to accomplish exactly this and I heal with all 5 of my shamans in WinterGrasp all the time... It's AMAZING how hard it is to kill a guy with 5 riptides on him and 5 chain heals following it up...
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

I was battling with this setup for a while, utilising the setup zanthor mentioned above.

I really liked healbot, except that i could not control the order of the character names.

I graduated from healbot to manually editing the grid sort order [this was mentioned in another post recently] and combining it with clique, for the mouseover spell actions.

Then..

I discovered Vudu, Vudu is a dedicated healbot type addon, that is very easy to use and very customisable. More importantly you can sort the group order by name and not have the players name show first = All alts have the same addon look and setup.

With Vudu have have a very flxible and functional mouseover healing option. And I get all the other vudu stuff as well.

I use healbot for my non macroed heals; rezzing; etc... just mouse over to my healer's window when I need too (and I can still mash the tank's keys while I do that) works fine for me even though my healer isn't my main toon (though I'm toying with the idea of making the healer the main and tank in slave)

I do have a "heal the tank" sequence on a key though, not using healbot
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv