Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Channeling = stop following?

Currently dual boxing 2 locks first ones ever, doing evertyhing basic, but i notice when i drain life or soul for example, it stops following, is there anyway to stop that?
    Thanks

Channeled spells require you to stop movement and stay in place for the duration of the spell. You can reenable follow but at the cost of early termination of your channelled spell.

Jamba has a follow after combat option. My hunters break follow on steady shot and my locks break on drain life, but I almost never notice it, since they don't move alot and they auto-follow after combat.
    Hope that helps.

PS. You will never be able to stop the breaking of follow for castings/channelings, it is Blizzard that does that, not an option that you can turn on or off. You can minimize how much it bothers you with a follow key and an addon that auto-follows.

Currently I also am dual boxing Locks. they are 70 right now. What I do is have strobe enabled. If you are using Jamba there is a feature in the that you can write into your macro that will allow you to enable strobefollow. what this will do is when you cast your drain life or soul it will break follow but once the spell is finished it will instantly start following again (providing you are in range). Aslo one other note to make it wouldn't hurt to have another macro set up that will cancel the strobefollow... comes in handy sometimes.

Unfortunatly I am at work and do not have access to my macros or to many game sites... I am sure someone here can throw in the macro for you but if not I will follow up this evening for you with it.

Just to chime in with Never Ending Pew Pew and ElectronDF, use Jamba's auto-follow to resume following once done. But its a good thing that channeling breaks the follow, that way your spell keeps on going...

Not to mention it just looks really really kewl to have 5 Drain Life/Soul casts going on at once with the proper formations, or a mix n match there of.. But what am I supposed to do with all these shards!!?? hehe
    Ysondre [H] (The Pack)
    Valed: Druid, Shaman, Hunter x 3 (65)
    Earth: Pally, Lock, Shaman x 3 (60)
    Raven: Druid x 5 (23)

I know you already know, but I auto-delete my extra shards. I started with a 12 slot bag (the one from lock quests) and just picked up the items in the 11th and 12th slot from the bag and deleted them in my /shoot, hard DPS and easy DPS sequences. Something like:
    Code:
    Other Part of Macro
    More Macro parts
    /script PickupContainerItem(bag,slot); DeleteCursorItem();
    /script PickupContainerItem(bag,slot); DeleteCursorItem();
    (put in bag 1-4 and slot (last 2 of bag), like 12 slot bag, put in 11 and 12, 18 slot bag, put in 17 and 18)

That way you can spam drain soul all you want and you don't end up with 36 shards (Blizzard's hard limit on shards).
    Hope that helps.

Kewl, Thanks
    Ysondre [H] (The Pack)

Well thanks for those who posted to help me, and for your shards problem, i use the addon Necrosis, and there is an option to pick which back holds ur shards, and when its full delete the extra's
    I Downloaded jamba, a macro would be nice if anyone knows it

For those just joining, i need a jamba macro to make my slave warlock re-follow my master warlock after im done chanelling a spell ( drain life for example )

THANKS!

as we suggested above, set the strobe to on.

Also read the Hydra post stickeid at the top, it has the macro in it that allows you to change who is following whom.
    Ysondre [H] (The Pack)

[font=''][/font]Yep as every1 else has said. There is nothing you can do to stop them from that.