Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Raid dee pee es

Default Raid dee pee es

I wonder what dps could 4-5 elemental shamans do assuming they have all totems of wraths up and stacking and stuff. Any ideas?

Lets say, their gear is like tier4
    Coffee Resurrects.

DPS would be good... but in a lot of raid encounters you need to be on the move constantly due to environmental hazards Even Xzin said that you'd be better off not boxing in the higher level encounters. Most of the fights in Kara would be doable... but I'd like to see you dodge the arcane nova and blizzard in the Shade of Aran fight.... ha!
    5 Shamans - lvl 70
    Xxearth, Xxfire, Xxwind, Xxwater, Xxheart
    Capnplanet - Bank alt

http://www.stasistech.com/wow/

Hack the fact that totem of wrath stack by converting the extra hit/crit into rating and adding it on to the gear (N-1 times, since it counts it already for the individual), then multiply the total result by N shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo
    DPS would be good... but in a lot of raid encounters you need to be on the move constantly due to environmental hazards Even Xzin said that you'd be better off not boxing in the higher level encounters. Most of the fights in Kara would be doable... but I'd like to see you dodge the arcane nova and blizzard in the Shade of Aran fight.... ha!
    well Aran's blizzard can be seen so you can move off it. Dodging arcane explosion isnt hard at all because your toons move close to each other so mass dispell will give you enough time to position urself and survive

http://www.stasistech.com/wow/

Hack the fact that totem of wrath stack by converting the extra hit/crit into rating and adding it on to the gear (N-1 times, since it counts it already for the individual), then multiply the total result by N shamans.
    thats good one site, too bad I dont know stats on lvl 70 elemental shaman and also not sure about talents
    Coffee Resurrects.

I have done Gruul and Void Reaver with all five of my shaman. It's doable.
    ::The Motes::
    Mote - Protection Paladin
    Remote - Holy Priest
    Threemote, Fourmote, Fivemote - Elemental Shaman

Would be interesting to 5box a raid...would be a bad thing in kara though due to the group diversity usually necessary and limited slots, but like Mote said in 25mans that's just as much a boon as a bad thing; 5 of the 25 actually doing what they're supposed to and fairly focused dps rather than a few guys screwin around or not focusing right lol; however if you fuck up, you lose 4 or 5 people at once(eg getting hit by a void reaver arcane orb) which is the downside.
    Not Currently Boxing
    IRC Excerpt:
    Drayth> Finish this set: Spaceturkey Lazurturkey Moonturkey Starturkey - and no, don't say Sunturkey.
    Fursphere> Moonturkey? Drayth> Look at #3...lol - Fursphere> damnit...Starturkey?
    Fursphere> FUCK. - Drayth> lol... * Fursphere gets on the failboat

Quote Originally Posted by Eteocles
    Would be interesting to 5box a raid...would be a bad thing in kara though due to the group diversity usually necessary and limited slots, but like Mote said in 25mans that's just as much a boon as a bad thing; 5 of the 25 actually doing what they're supposed to and fairly focused dps rather than a few guys screwin around or not focusing right lol; however if you fuck up, you lose 4 or 5 people at once(eg getting hit by a void reaver arcane orb) which is the downside.
    That's a pretty good summary. It can be good or bad. If you're gonna doze off or raid drunk, might just want to bring one character
    ::The Motes::
    Mote - Protection Paladin
    Remote - Holy Priest
    Threemote, Fourmote, Fivemote - Elemental Shaman

I do full Kara clears in about 2 - 2.5 hours. The encounters are a lot of fun, and part of that fun is the challenges a multi-boxer faces going up against fights that just 1 player have issues with.

Yeah I gave it some thoughts, most boss fight in Kara won't be much of a problem. Even encounters, I dont see any problems anywhere, might just need to have like one healer be a priest and that's about it.

To hit a Lv. 73 boss with spells, you hvae a base hit% of 82%, so you need an extra 17% hit with spells to actually have it perfect at 99% (100% is impossible btw for those who didn't know).

ToW x 5 = 15%
    Being a Draenei = 1%
    Being in the same party as a Draenei = +1%
    So that's a total of 17% right there, so Draenei shamans don't actually need Elemental Precision, Nature's Guidance nor "any" hit gear at ALL. You can focus pure crit/damage.

ToW = 15% crit
    Call of Thunder = 6% crit
    Tidal Mastery = 5%
    So with talents only, you get 26% crit, +3.56% as base default. That's a total of 28,56% crit without any gear on (Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning only, Shock are lower than that)

So if you go on and stack up crit gear on like crazy, I'm sure you can hit the 50% bracket or something very close to it.

The Draenai racial to spell/melee hit doesn't stack.

My guild runs multiple ZA's and Karas a week. If it is acceptable to others I plan to bring two three chars at a time to the different raids. I can't really think of too many high end raid encounters where dual-boxing would be a problem. Kael would definitely be the toughest, having to loot multiple weapons(and sometimes they are a pain to target just with one char, especially the mace) and problems with gaze.

More than the mechanics I think the biggest hurdle to raiding as a multi-box toon would be loot drama and such from other people.