Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13
    Rated Arena Member

Default Just Wondering how would this work... PVP only

I have little to no concern to do Heroics or even regulars for that matter (i already have a team for that mess...) My question is 5 Demo locks for pvp now in my little brain it seems like it would be hilarious! Here are some things ive noticed after making 5 warlocks on the PTR

1. Lack of heals isnt a big deal...Its pvp your gonna get murdered anyway get over it
    2. 5 Rain of fires really screw with other peoples computers it seems If they arnt rocking a nice box or even have their graphics turned up a bit much people attack you alot slower it seems.
    3. 5 Seed of Corruption along with the 5 rain of fires or just spaming 5 seed is AOE death in a box
    4. Felguards with 30k hps is literally the funniest thing i have ever seen in my life when they all charge and swat someone like a fly
    5. 5 Imps makes you feel like your a battle cruiser from SC just sending out your intercepters
    6. 5 Shadow bolts is really amazing dmg... (however 5 Soulfires never gets old)
    7. Drain tanking really messes with people...Big time!

So for PVP ONLY how would this do.. On ptr it does fine and i couldnt see where on live it would be fail. But ive said it many times I know about half of what the people on this forum knows... So give me your 2 cents =) before i invest a BUNCH of time.
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

Default RE: Just Wondering how would this work... PVP only

Quote Originally Posted by 'blbjtb',index.php?page=Thread&postID=215413#post2 15413
    I have little to no concern to do Heroics or even regulars for that matter (i already have a team for that mess...) My question is 5 Demo locks for pvp now in my little brain it seems like it would be hilarious! Here are some things ive noticed after making 5 warlocks on the PTR

1. Lack of heals isnt a big deal...Its pvp your gonna get murdered anyway get over it
    2. 5 Rain of fires really screw with other peoples computers it seems If they arnt rocking a nice box or even have their graphics turned up a bit much people attack you alot slower it seems.
    3. 5 Seed of Corruption along with the 5 rain of fires or just spaming 5 seed is AOE death in a box
    4. Felguards with 30k hps is literally the funniest thing i have ever seen in my life when they all charge and swat someone like a fly
    5. 5 Imps makes you feel like your a battle cruiser from SC just sending out your intercepters
    6. 5 Shadow bolts is really amazing dmg... (however 5 Soulfires never gets old)
    7. Drain tanking really messes with people...Big time!

So for PVP ONLY how would this do.. On ptr it does fine and i couldnt see where on live it would be fail. But ive said it many times I know about half of what the people on this forum knows... So give me your 2 cents =) before i invest a BUNCH of time.
    I run a five lock team, my main lock just hit 2100 sp. I easily agree with most of your points. I've watched entire raids zone out of ulduar to just collapse on my SoC's :P. Felguards chew mega face even on there own. And NOTHING is funnier than watching a priest cast shield only to get ravaged by five Chaos Bolts.

oh yeah and you're forgetting the 5000 damage per second if you have metamorph/immolation aura. Enable that, charge a raid and watch everyone around you collapse

Well, your first thing is gonna be making sure your mouse clicks are happening on across the board and on the right spot. If you can get that down, the rest of it is alt+tab'ing and spamming whatever uber kill spell you want to use. lol

I mean, honestly, BGs are about having fun. If you're not having fun, why do it? This sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.
    "To be, or not to be" - There is no such question... To be - But to be what...?
    ---------------------
    Currently 3-boxing multiple groups
    Warrior/Mage/Mage + Hunter/Priest/Warlock
    Horde-side - Illidan / Haomarush - US

I have 4 locks at level 62, the 4 felguards are way overpowered and insanely fun!
    Tunak Tunka Tun Tunák, TunákTunák, TunákTun, DáDáDá | Garrosh - Emberstorm - Alliance

Blog Entries

As long as you don't mind dying, and you don't have a healer or fear protection, so it will happen, you'll put out impressive single and multi-target damage.

Warlocks have soul stones and health stones, but you're also lacking a rezzer.

A felguard with 2/2 improved health funnel and the glyph becomes a pretty amazing tank.
    With the pet changes on the PTR, this will become much more so.

Any team dies, but Tremor totem and a healer/rezzer is hard to go without.

I did AV with 5 level 60 discipline priests.
    A lot of their toys on castsequence.
    Sat back behind the action at choke points, and made the other side miserable.
    It's a fun diversion now and then, but I don't see myself going through the leveling pain for a 4th team 60-80.

In the end, its about having fun.

Rated Arena Member

YA thought about this group all day long and I got to say I cant wait to start it. I have a busy weekend but come monday Ill be giving birth to 5 cute little Orc Warlocks..... Any suggestions on what to do with the RAF should account a refer b b refer c and so on or just all under A?
    thanks =) im excited!
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

My main was a lock, I love locks in BGs...so tempting lol. So is 5xdemo the way to go? or mix it up with a couple of dest and an aff?

I've run 4xdemo and 4x affliction. I'm currently 69.

My preference is definitely affliction:
    - bread and butter are instas or quick casts (haunt)
    - corruption returns health
    - it boosts seed of corruption

Demonology was interesting:
    - very gear forgiving
    - the 4 felguard charge is a death sentence

I don't knock anyone out with affliction and I don't do so great against even number teams. But I do spectacular in big fights like AV where I can dot everything.

3/4's of a level and I get seed of corruption, which is going to be just a blast.

One of the great things about warlocks is the mana efficiency and the alternate source of mana (life tap). This means you really don't need to concentrate on int as a stat. Just go stamina, spell power, resilience, spell crit.

I just had one of those moments before logging off that makes multi-boxing awesome. 15v4 in EotS and I was just sitting on the rock one step down from the spawn (no point in just feeding them). They kept charging up and I was blasting them with haunt, corruption and CoA. Ended up with about 14 kills in a 2000-0 game.

Your description holds true though. I'm curious about destruction, just because some destro locks have really burned me quickly...I just imagine that x4.
    .... The H Team
    Level 80 Orc Warlocks - affliction - that's not rain, it's dots falling from the sky
    Wahid
    Ithnain
    Thalatha
    Arbaa

If you take a look at the current burst from Destro locks, i'm supprised that doesn't really get mentioned. I do understand that it's probably a lot harder to play with the instant cast procs and Shadowfury. But man, that's gotta be fun to. =)

orcs are good - but I love undead locks - will of the forsaken is a fantastic racial, might help a bit with fear bombs.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh