Hey all,

I must have tried these two bosses about 20 times with my 66-67 team and I only dropped Shirrak once (the first time) but haven't been able to since. My problem is, of course, all about moving my team to either get away from Shirrak and his targeted ray, or around a pillar to break los for Ikiss's arcane explosion. I've read a lot on here about boss strats, watched heroic videos, read the wiki articles on these two bosses, and i understand what i'm supposed to do. the problem is... i just can't seem to execute properly.

my team for this is:

druid tank
pally healer
mage/lock/hunter dps

when i need to move my team, i have a /follow macro for the MT and a separate one for the healer (which i made just for these fights) for when i want everyone to take off while i tank the boss somewhere else. but in both cases, by the time my team has responded to the /follow command, turned, and started running, it's just too late. only the first 1 or 2 make it out of the damage radius. i've tried turning on aspect of the pack right before i do this and that didn't work either (although i didn't get dazed like i thought i would, which was nice). i've tried spreading out from the start and individually moving people, but Shirrak pulls everyone to him, at which point i jam my 'spread out' key and hope for the best. the fight basically falls apart after that b/c the team spreads out so slowly (stepping backward especially) and i need to get to healing (b/c of the casting debuff, the heals take twice as long and at some point, i need to stop spreading out and start healing).

Two things: if i had a priest instead of a pally for healing, i don't think i'd have this problem. this isn't my main team, where i do use a priest, and i can basically group heal through anything so far. but i want a lvl 80 pally and i have another team with a pally tank so i wanted to use a druid tank for variety and blah blah blah... this is my team. how do people group heal with pallys? secondly, the one time i did kill shirrak, i let the whole team die except the pally and druid and just slowly moved and gnawed away at him. if just two of my team do better than all five, this is clearly PEBKAC.

i would love any insight into moving around during boss battles. i know people set strafing keys for when something randomly opens up near the team and you want to quickly move out of it, and i do that. but for these fights where i need to run out of distance or break los, any help on how you do it quicker would make my day. i've also tried using the click-to-move, putting everyone on follow on the healer, and quickly right-clicking on that screen somewhere off in the distance but .. same results in the end. i figure if i can't handle these guys here, how the heck am i going to handle actually tough stuff?

thanks for any help and sorry for the long post,
s