Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default lag lag in city i need help

:thumbsup: hello same as my topic

System
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    Model GA-MA790X-DS4
    Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM
    System type 32-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 4
    64-bit capable Yes

Graphics
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Total available graphics memory 2303 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1279 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.592.0.0
    Primary monitor resolution 1280x960
    Secondary monitor resolution 1024x768
    DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

easiest fix is go to 8 gigs of RAM and a 64 bit OS. Windows 7 is getting good reviews from boxers and it is free for now.

I had a similar problem very laggy in Stormwind and such. Up graded to 8 gigs and it all went away. Rest of your system sounds better than mine.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

First get a 64bits OS and more ram (1GB per client + 1GB for the system as a rule of thumb to be really on the safe side).
    If this is not enough, get an SSD and install you OS and WoW folder on it.

This two things made a wold of difference for me. I used to be unable to do anything with more than one (max two) characters logged in Dalaran, now I can ride around with Crusader's Aura without issue.

I dont know if this matters or not but we had a computer running vista with a better video card then mine and it ran like crap. We removed the "search" that always indexes the computer and its like a new computer. everything is blazing fast. Thing is, if anyone that has xp pro / vista and they just hit "update" in windows update, it will dl it and run it without telling you. I think the windows task manager shows it as searchindexer or indexer. Here is some info on it.

I will tell you NOT to DO ANYTHING that you dont know how to do. If you bork your computer then its YOUR fault!

"To achieve the fast searching speed, indexing service plays a pivotal role. Windows Vista starts to crawl and index files on hard disks right after installed with a low priority background process. If you notice that your hard drive activity LED light is constantly flashing even if is idle, this is probably due to indexer at work."

" Disable Windows Search Service
    This method effectively stop and disable all search indexing processes, and is the recommended way.

1. Click on Start button, then select Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools, and double click on Services applet. Alternatively, simply type “Services” (without quotes) in Start Search box.
    2. If User Account Control asks for permission, click Continue.
    3. Locate an service named Windows Search. Right click on Windows Search, and then select Properties on contextual menu.
    4. Click on Stop button to stop the indexing service immediately.
    5. On the Startup Type dropdown box, select Disabled.
    6. Click on OK button. "
    My Wife Said That I Had To Stop Playing WoW Or She Was Going To Leave......
    Now I Multibox 5 Accounts!

Blog Entries

Turning off Aero, and the other extra services which make the computer look nicer also improves the performance of your system.

There is a sticky thread for Vista users. It has registry editing for the system performance. The settings for High Performance vs Power Efficiency don't do anything no matter how you edit them outside of the registry.

I have a core i7 920 with 12GB of fast 1600 RAM, a 30gb SSD, and an Asus 4850 - which should be more than fast enough, but I was getting 3-5 fps in cities until I changed my video settings from 4x multisampling to 1x multisampling.

Bingo. 25-30fps in dalaran.
    Alliance - Bonechewer - Reckoning
    [80 teams:] Pally/Priest/Shaman/Mage/Druid | 5x priests | 5x Shamans | 5x druids

Quote Originally Posted by 'gitcho',index.php?page=Thread&postID=216156#post2 16156
    I have a core i7 920 with 12GB of fast 1600 RAM, a 30gb SSD, and an Asus 4850 - which should be more than fast enough, but I was getting 3-5 fps in cities until I changed my video settings from 4x multisampling to 1x multisampling.

Surprised you had to drop it that low! I run a Core2Duo E7400, 4gb RAM (single-channel, crappy mobo), and Win7-64 on a GeForce 9600GSO vid card. I was running in WinXP-32 ultra smooth at 8x multisampling but when I upgraded to Win7 I had to drop to 4x multisampling to get the same performance I had in WinXP. Now mine performs great, even in Dalaran I get 25-35fps on my main client at 4x multisampling.
    Shadowsong US:
    Moosetracks (surv FORMER raiding main) armory L80
    Mousetracks (assass/combat former raiding main) armory L80
    Background (holy, to be new raiding main) armory L79

Team A (Level 75) (retired, priest extracted to above)
    Foreground (prot) armory
    Middleground(demo) armory

Quote Originally Posted by 'falsfire3401',index.php?page=Thread&postID=216192 #post216192
    Quote Originally Posted by 'gitcho',index.php?page=Thread&postID=216156#post2 16156

Surprised you had to drop it that low! I run a Core2Duo E7400, 4gb RAM (single-channel, crappy mobo), and Win7-64 on a GeForce 9600GSO vid card. I was running in WinXP-32 ultra smooth at 8x multisampling but when I upgraded to Win7 I had to drop to 4x multisampling to get the same performance I had in WinXP. Now mine performs great, even in Dalaran I get 25-35fps on my main client at 4x multisampling.
    How many clients are you running with? It's very difficult to compare how 2 clients do when discussing how 5 clients perform. Given that you have 4GB of RAM and a dual core, I'd be very surprised if you could handle 5 in Dalaran without some major headaches.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy