Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default Using the scroll wheel as a hotkey

Have had a look around, and am worried I already know the answer, but is there any way to get HKN to pick up the mouse scroll wheel to use a broadcaster? Mouse clicks aren't a problem but my new macro plan for dpsing is revolving around being able to use the mouse wheel to activate the clones dps/healing.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    [align=center]My teams:
    Dentarg eu- 70 Paladin/Shaman/Magex3
    Dentarg eu- 80 Shamanx4/80 DkDklolswe

[/align]

Default RE: Using the scroll wheel as a hotkey

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ifalna',index.php?page=Thread&postID=155474#post1 55474
    Have had a look around, and am worried I already know the answer, but is there any way to get HKN to pick up the mouse scroll wheel to use a broadcaster? Mouse clicks aren't a problem but my new macro plan for dpsing is revolving around being able to use the mouse wheel to activate the clones dps/healing.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Hmm... if this is possible i wonder if i could set up some kind of long castsequence macro for my super low friction free-spinning g9 mouse wheel :P
    70|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|80
    70|xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX|80!!!
    Allai, Alaii, Allei
    , Aleii, Aliee
    <B A M F>
    Boulderfist-US
    YOU CANNOT RESIST MY MOONFIRE SPAM!

Blog Entries

Just going into the default warcraft keybindings, accessed by pressing Escape in game and then selecting Key Bindings.
    You can use your thumb buttons, scroll wheel or the page forward/page backward buttons as keybinds.

Pretty much my macro's are all made within warcraft. But I use G-keys and mouse buttons to access many of them.
    I did not like the mouse wheel for macro's, as I like to zoom in and out, during play.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ualaa',index.php?page=Thread&postID=155601#post15 5601
    Just going into the default warcraft keybindings, accessed by pressing Escape in game and then selecting Key Bindings.
    That does not help HKN broadcast the mouse wheel. Keybinding the mouse is not an issue at all, broadcasting it is.
    [align=center]My teams:

[/align]

No, sorry, the current version of HotkeyNet can't send mousewheel events or react to mousewheel events.

This has been requested about half a dozen times now so maybe I'll add it to the to do list. (It depends on how much work it is -- I'll look and see.)
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Thanks for the Info Freddie, I will work around it to the best I can, hopefully its not too much hassle to implement
    [align=center]My teams:

[/align]

Default Thread Res!

Heh, I see at http://hotkeynet.com/p/download.html that since version HKN 166 there exists (thanks Freddie for responding to community requests!)

WheelForward WheelBackward

I could not locate any info in the reference section at http://hotkeynet.com/ref/functions.html and am looking for a way to pass both events from the master to each slave.

I do have a good functioning script that I've hacked together from others, and made minor tweaks to; just looking to add this small functionality. For the curious, it's for buffing as needed each half hour in WoW, using the mod SmartBuff v3.1bDev2

Thanks!

well, since WheelForward and WheelBackward are simply ment as key_names, like f.e. 'a' or 'space', I think something like:
    Code:
    <Hotkey WheelForward>
     	<Sendlabel w1,w2,w3,w4,w5>
           	<Key WheelForward>

<Hotkey WheelBackward>
            	<Key WheelBackward>
    should work. (of course with changing w1-w5 to the labels you use...)
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Awesome, I should have seen that, too distracted managing teams

HKN seem to be picking up the request fine, in watching the debug window. WheelForward shows as virtual key : 10, and WheelBackward shows as virtual key : 11. Both show scan code : 0 and extended : no

I am not sure that it is being passed per se to clients; when HKN is not paused, there seems to be no function now in game while moving the mouse wheel forward or back.

I am guessing what needs to be passed is not <Key WheelForward> etc. but perhaps something else ?

Appreciate you putting this on the right track at least !

hm, funny. I tested this myself, after you mentioned it, and couldn'T use <Key WheelForward> also.
    So I tryed to use it as only the trigger and send PgUp, PgDn (which I bound as second keys for zooming) with:
    Code:
    <Hotkey WheelForward>
           <Key PgUp>

<Hotkey WheelBackward>
            <Key PgDn>
    ..this worked as it should...

..I think we have to wait for Freddie to clarify if this is a bug, WoW-Specific or working-as-intended...

Edit: on a second thought:
    -Maybe the answer is in the exact wording of the description of the build 166:
    Hotkeys can now be triggered by turning the mouse wheel. The following keywords have been added. They are used like the names of keys:

— WheelForward.

— WheelBackward.
    if reading this carefully, it says that hotkeys can be triggered by the mousewheel, but not that you can send the mousewheel with <Key>, so maybe thats why it isn't working. If this is the case, than I'm sorry for showing you the wrong way with <Key WheelForward> :(
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide