Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default lagging like crazy with updated version

hello there, I did some MB with 5 accs this morning, and everything were fine (using 1.8k version), and decided to upgrade to 1.9g, to take advantage of the quad core support, but now its unplayable...

First it takes like forever to boot up all 5 accs (did not take this long before) and when I manage to get them all online, the lag is off the charts, they cant even /follow me without lagging off into the distance.

System spec: i920 quadcore, 6 gigs of ram, gainward gtx295 gfx

I wonder if I have to fully redo the setup from scratch in Keyclone to get it to work again, or is there anyone else that experienced this problem?

/Puzzled

try renaming the keyclone.ini file and then restarting keyclone. this will insure the default settings. see if you still have the cpu issues.

also, please install the alpha (link ) and see if you have the same issues.

let me know what you find out

gonna try it right away, just need to redo the setup tho i guess, or can i copt it from the renamed .ini file?

I have now tried both the suggestions you made, and I have a hard time deciding which of them that are the worst

It is at the point now, that my main client dont even get to log in most of the times, he just gets timed out, and trying to surf on the other display (I run all 5 clients on my 24" display)
    is just impossible, any other suggestions would be highly appreciated

it might be easier if i were to talk you through a full set up. i'm not sure what's happening, and diagnosing the problem using hit-or-miss via forum post is a bit tedious.

can we arrange a time to chat? please PM me with your details and the best times (and your timezone) to talk.

Blog Entries

I might be totally off base here...

How does your computer run other applications?
    How does it run wow one-box, without keyclone?
    What are your graphical settings?

sorry for the late reply, have been busy as hell for a while.

I might have tracked down the problem, but not sure, I got a replacement card for my old Gainward gtx295, with a rev.2 card of the same make, and after installing that, the computer started getting sluggish after trying multiboxing for a bit, and sure enough, 2 memory slots have stopped working, and I only have 2 gig ram atm, however, should´nt that still work ok with my rig?

I have returned the mobo to the store, and with a little luck, they will send me a new mobo with 6gig RAM bundled, so I will have 12 total 8)

Will let you know how it turns out, appreciate the help and time you put in for us, Mr Keyclone :thumbsup:

2GB is prolly not enough to 5-box without thrashing.

here's the basic math to determine if you'll thrash.... thrash happens when you exceed 80% physical memory used:

80% * memory > OS + N * WoW

memory: 2g
    N: 5
    WoW: 500m

xp:
    80% * 2g > 500m + 5 * 500m
    1.6g > 3g --- fail

vista:
    80% * 2g > 1.2g + 5 * 500m
    1.6g > 3.7g --- fail

so, no matter what, you would be trashing pretty much constantly. this would crush your performance.

this also shows that you can 5 box on xp with 4g of memory, but not on vista. get vista64 and crank your memory to 8g+ and you'll be loving life.

just got word that I will get a new bundled rampage extreme II , so 12 gig RAM for me, kinda sweet all in all

Blog Entries

12gb is overkill for wow.
    The game won't use that much.

Still, it lets you keep a browser open, listen to mp3's etc, while boxing.