Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default FPS different on home versus non-home network

Ok, this one has really frustrated me for a while. When I'm at home on my Charter cable connection, I get reasonable frames per second (20+, which is playable). When I am anywhere else, whether it be cable, DSL, etc., my FPS start out ok, but within a few minutes drop to <5. This is especially true in Ulduar. The only change in my setup from home to non-home is the network I'm plugging into.

This week I'm on a DSL connection away from home and I have another computer to compare side-by-side. My computer is a Dell laptop and the other computer is an Apple Mac. The Apple has no issues with FPS at home or on this DSL connection. But my Dell, while ok at home, is <5 fps on the DSL. The latency is similar on both the Apple and the Dell (around 300 or less), which is not much different than on my home network.

So my question is: can there be something happening to slow my graphics down when I'm on a network other than my home? Doesn't seem like anything could be causing this, but I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks!

You may want to read through this post as the OP had a very similar issue to you. Whilst it was not resolved the post contains a lot of suggestions that you should take a look at.

Interestingly his was also a Dell so it makes me wonder if some proprietary software is causing the issue. Dell has several network aware applications pre-installed on their laptops that have caused me trouble in the past.

- Aldercy
    Aldercy (Warrior) / Corette (Mage) / Florette (Mage) / Lorette (Mage) / Morette (Priest)
    1---|----10----|----20----|----30----|----40----|----50----|----60----|----70----|----*80*
    5 boxing Aliance side US Argent Dawn