Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default My first heroic completed !

I know it's the easiest but it's the first time I get through it - used to have problems on snake guy and on the colossus guy - I did wipe on my first try on last boss because I didn't heal my tank enough during rhino phase but got him right away on 2nd try

ps: this is 'solo' and on a team who got all it's gear on it's own - never pugg'ed - wearing mostly the wellfare pvp epics on the shamans and the blacksmith blue crafted defense gear for the last boss (rest of the instance was done in the pvp gear as well and I never got crit or if I did I healed through it fine - despite having only something like 450 defense in that gear... I'm starting to doubt that I must have 535 for heroics and 540 for raids (which i do have in the other gear but with also like 4k less HP)
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

Grats! :thumbsup:
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Congratulations. Isn't this a great feeling ? *Purple ... Shinny !*

Gundrak is not the easiest heroic, though, at all, by far, at least not for me. I never could kill the Colossus, and the snake guy kicks my butt about one time out of three. I have Utgarde Keep on farm though, and hardly ever lose a toon there (I sometimes get unlucky on the second phase of Ingvar, and sometimes the 4 mobs pull just before the first boss manages to get me into trouble).

Just like yours, my team is exclusively "solo".

Resilience from PvP gear will make up for a lack of defense for reaching crit-immune. I wouldn't raid like that, but you could probably get away with it in some/most? heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Svpernova09',index.php?page=Thread&postID=213141# post213141
    Resilience from PvP gear will make up for a lack of defense for reaching crit-immune. I wouldn't raid like that, but you could probably get away with it in some/most? heroics.
    Resilience is 100% disabled inside instances as of 3.0.

Edit: Or am I talking out my ear? I can't find any reference to this actually taking place - I thought that it was implimented to limit the desirability of PVP gear for PVE players, especially the 5 man tank squads of doomshaman...
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Quote Originally Posted by 'zanthor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=213149#post 213149

Edit: Or am I talking out my ear? I can't find any reference to this actually taking place - I thought that it was implimented to limit the desirability of PVP gear for PVE players, especially the 5 man tank squads of doomshaman...
    Afaik, that is not true. It was a proposed change during the WOTLK beta, but it never went live.

grats, you have one more heroic done than I have so far
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

Quote Originally Posted by 'zanthor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=213149#post 213149

Edit: Or am I talking out my ear? I can't find any reference to this actually taking place - I thought that it was implimented to limit the desirability of PVP gear for PVE players, especially the 5 man tank squads of doomshaman..
    That was one of those bullet point items that was talked about a LOT on the forums (and even a few CMs tossed around the idea of disabling it in instances i believe), but never was actually implemented as far as I can tell. I've never found reference to the change going in, and Resilience will push you over into crit immune (on my tank at least... I don't have enough gear to get the shaman fully crit-immune from Resilience only yet).

Interesting - how much resilience you need to get the same "535"/"540" defense ?

My tank in PVP gear is:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Firetree&n=twd
    has 425 defense and 515 resilience - is that what makes it it can tank ?
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv