Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Formations

Default Formations

I must be missing something because I have read all the posts search results come back with along with the wiki entry on formation macros but I still can not figure it out. Even with a simple dual-box. How do you get all the slaves to face the same direction as the master? seems like no matter what I try the slave always runs off on a slightly different path that eventually because very far away.
    Ysondre [H] (The Pack)
    Valed: Druid, Shaman, Hunter x 3 (65)
    Earth: Pally, Lock, Shaman x 3 (60)
    Raven: Druid x 5 (23)

I'm just learning this as well, but one of the things that I found out was that if you are using Keyclone you need to disable your NUM Lock key on the slave account so that your slave(s) don't keep running off if you hit that to auto run.

But, the macro is just: /follow MASTERNAME as a hot key. The slave will almost always be facing the way your Master is when you run up to something.

Right now I'm trying to find some advance formations for the four shaman I just created and am experiementing with.
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

Ok, maybe I just misunderstood how formations work. When running around you just /follow the leader and when you stop you hit the formation macro key that makes the ones following you spread out from where they were behind you? Cause if thats the case, then this just got a whole bunch simpler to understand
    Ysondre [H] (The Pack)

Formation Wiki

Spread Out Macros / Formations

My browser hasn't been able to add clickable links for a long time.
    Greatlegs - Pally | Appaton, Belisaur, Coramonde - Elem Shaman | Zenock - Resto Shaman
    Unguilded but <I Service Myself> was created for them
    US - Kul'Tiras
    Living in the deserted Outlands - Level 70

Thanks, I have read that. What I am really looking for I guess is that is there a way for formations to be held while moving or are the only when you are not moving you can spread the followers out in a pattern as described by those macros. I would almost swear the hunter pack I saw on my server (Shattered Halls) was able to keep an X formation even when running.

Yup, I retract the question as this does appear to be what formations are and I just had a misconception of the topic. They arent kept during motion they are for spreading out when stationary. Mystery solved
    Ysondre [H] (The Pack)

while questing and stuff, you do not need to spread out each time, for getting out of aoe, and showing off (which i do a lot)

Yeah I finally watched Vyndree's intro youtube video and it showed and explained the formations for me so I could finally go 'Oohhh' and then I watched TheJoe's multibox video on Youtube (was one of the View Me too videos from V's) and went AH HA! I Can do that setup! So lots of headway made in my multiboxing endeavors today..
    Ysondre [H] (The Pack)