Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Your Opinion, Please

Hey All,

I'm curious as to what you all think about my current situation, so any input would be appreciated.

I have a set of Alliance 80 shamans, 70 warlocks and 70 druids on an RP server. But recently I've been thinking about rolling Horde on a PvP server. Since I'll basically be flagged for pvp after level 20, or whenever I leave the starting few zones, I'm a tad concerned about fear bombs, since they seem to be the biggest struggle I have in PvP in battlegrounds and such on my current chars. In terms of gearing my chars, I'm more interested in sticking with just casual play and/or some PvP. Not so much interested in trying to down heroics with them, or anything.

I was originally thinking about doing 4 Shamans and 1 Paladin. Then I started wondering if I should do 5 shamans again and forget the idea of a tank. I'm basically just fishing for suggestions.

Given that:

- It'll be on a PvP server
    - I'm not -that- interested in Heroics, but I could create a tank later (most likely DK), if I do change my mind
    - Worried somewhat about having to deal with fear bombs
    - Wanting something fun to play with in a world PvP environment

What are your suggestions for a group makeup? Originally I was choosing between the 4 Shaman, 1 tank format and a 5 shaman format, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm not too terribly interested in having a completely mix-mash of different classes, but I'm willing to entertain ideas. Any fun stories, or particularly compelling reasons for a certain combo of race/classes would be real appreciative. I've been mulling over the ideas back and forth for a few days now, so I decided I'd throw my situation out to you all and see what you may suggest.

Thanks,
    - The A-Team (Arlassa, Arlessa, Arlissa, Arlossa, Arlussa)

WoW Teams Retired - Playing FFXIV For Now

Well right now ive only got 4 shamans and have been considering adding a 5th to my next powerleveled team so I can run 5 shamans in BG's a 80, but as far as pve stuff goes the 4 shams and pally works very niceley and I wouldnt wanna take the time to run heroics without a tank.
    [align=justify]i7 920 - GTX 285 - 12GB Corsair 1600 [/align]
    Pally,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman
    Dk,Hunter,Druid,Warlock,Priest

Thanks for the reply!

That's sort of my thought, too. Trying to do heroics without an actual tank would be kind of tough. But since I'm not really worried about gearing PvE, and would most likely be focusing on PvP aspects, I'm wondering if I'd be gimping myself by having a Paladin tag along with 4 shamans. Seems like it may be more beneficial to make that 5th person a Shaman.

That or like do 4 Warlocks and a healer, or something. It may be dull to level up another set of 5 shamans, but they are pretty handy. I'm so torn. haha :P

Well with the change to resilience in the next patch locks are gonna be very strong in pvp again, like they were in bc... FEAR, pew pew, your dead LOL
    [align=justify]i7 920 - GTX 285 - 12GB Corsair 1600 [/align]
    Pally,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman
    Dk,Hunter,Druid,Warlock,Priest

Blog Entries

I'm on a PvE server and have not done extensive BG/Arena with my team yet.
    Still did the midsummer stuff over the weekend, and the team fared well in limited conflicts.

I'm running 4x Shaman and 1x Paladin; had 5x Shaman, but subbing the pally.

In pvp's, the fear bomb is a large threat to a boxer.
    So are AoE type attacks, although you defenses against both.

I've heard Tremor totems pulse all at once on the server clock.
    If this is true, there's no point in staggering their drops.
    Still a fear will last a maximum of 3 seconds, with an even chance of 0, 1, 2, or 3 seconds.
    I've had fear bombs that are ended immediately.
    A tremor down will provide a lot more protection then basically any other composition vs fear bombs.

No matter what you make, you'll be ganked leveling up.
    So composition doesn't make a huge difference there.

If you have an extra account, beyond your team, you can have an opposite faction character.
    It has to be another account, if you're on a pvp realm.
    Then you can do fun things like transfers between horde and alliance side.
    Or add "friends" who took a particular interest in your team while leveling... so you can track them down the road.

I've personally taken one of shammies and dual spec'd.
    This gets me a full blown pve healer when I want one for heroics or challenging content.

I've also taken the pally and dual spec'd.
    Pally will be a Prot spec'd healer, from the article on arena junkies paladin sub-forum.
    Haven't really done much with that yet, but will mess around with it for pvp's.
    4x Elemental, with a high mitigation/high health healer.
    No experience with this yet, so no clue how it will turn out.

Pallies and Shammies synergize very well.
    They're all mana users and benefit from the same type of buffs.
    Pally has Kings for the shammies and will have Sanctuary down the road - next patch this includes Kings buff built into it.
    One mana totem, and a combination of cleansing/healing streams will be sufficient heals for non instance pve content.

Shammies can round robin Fire Nova (with a stun component), Thunderstorm (for pushback), Earthbind (for root/snare).
    Fire elementals put out a lot of AoE punishment - took out a random group of four 80's, with my 71 pally + 4x 73 shammies over the weekend with a couple Fire Elementals.

Eventually Elemental Mastery with Flame Shock and Lava Burst will one-shot just about anyone.
    Hammer of Justice can gimp a lot of toons, and if they don't trinket they're dead before it ends with shammy burst.
    Even if it sucks initially, it will get better; its a tried a true combination.

Im currently playing on a pvp server. World pvp for me has been almost Nil since Outlands. Outlands was by far the worst of it because level 80 fly overs could just out of no where blowup your whole group before you knew you were dead. 90% of all my pvp deaths were in outlands. You're too low level to defend or counter anything here so you're just easy prey for anyone. Fear bombs in world pvp I did not run into but on a handfull of occasions so worrying about something in my experience only happened 3-6 times over the 14 days of played time isnt worth it. Once you hit the 70's no one can touch you 1 on 5.

I think you have already planned out what you want to do. You're only going to be PvE for leveling and dailies for coin at 80. Rest is pvp and there is an entire section of the game just for that, Battlegrounds, Arenas etc. There your fear bomb issue will matter and nothing beats shaman to counter that. So unless your battlegroup sucks and you want to change it, Moving to a pvp server is not going to add anything to your experience but getting griefed, unless you like griefing others.

I came so damned close to leaving my current server several times because of griefing on my way to 80, now that im 80 its a non issue. But I will never start over on a pvp server agian. Infact, now that I have established max level guys, ill never start over again. If I find myslef wanting to be on a diff server. Its worth the $$$ to transfer than to spend the hours starting over.

With a DK and anti magic zone that may help with the AOE problem. or at least give you enough time to heal yourself. For pvp, would say round robin thunderstorms are fantastic. It helps to mitigate the rogues and DKs.
    US - Garona - Horde
    3x Sham + 1 Boom (Mooietonto, Mooiebravo, Mooiemacho, Eldude)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20-----|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|-----70-----|-----80

3 x mage + 1 priest(Níghtofnee, Nightofneé, Nightofnée, Scareyspice)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20------|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|----70-----|-----80

Woo!

Okay. I appreciate the replies. The more I think about it, the more doing a team of five shamans sounds like a good idea. I know that I've already doen a pair, but maybe experiencing the horde content will sort of make it new and fresh. I'm mainly just doing it to hang out with some friends on the horde side of this PvP server more than anything. So that's the reason for the reroll. I still plan on playing my alliance guys for the most part.

Thanks again for the responses.

5 mages anyone =D
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ridere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=211107#post2 11107
    Woo!

Okay. I appreciate the replies. The more I think about it, the more doing a team of five shamans sounds like a good idea. I know that I've already doen a pair, but maybe experiencing the horde content will sort of make it new and fresh. I'm mainly just doing it to hang out with some friends on the horde side of this PvP server more than anything. So that's the reason for the reroll. I still plan on playing my alliance guys for the most part.

Thanks again for the responses.
    New server and you want something for pvp, I'd go 5 dks.
    glo.......80 Prot Pal.....deathglo....80 DK..................
    globee...80 Ele Sham...deafvader..80 DK....Alliance side..
    glocee...80 Ele Sham...darfvader...80 DK...LightningHoof..
    glodee...80 Ele Sham...sithknight..80 DK.......................
    glostyle..80 Res Sham..deathvader.80 DK........................