Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Alternative to Clonekeys

I have been using Clonekeys for over a year now and I am tired of it. The constant typing in wow "clonekeys is lagging hold on" Is there an alternative to clonekeys for mac and how do you use it.

When I say clonekeys is lagging I mean I push example: 111112222233333444555444111222
    I have killed the mob my maine stops broadcasting but my slaves are on The 3 section and are going to finish the whole broadcast .

I know i could try to stop pressing so much but i am trying to 4 box instances doing all the roles. and btw clonekeys has made me wipe many times =(......

I would love to see an alternative!! Keyclones is a great apllication someone needs to make one for mac now! I would gladly pay 15 25 even 40$ for it I am so sick of the lag! 8o
    Feel the power, love the power!!!! and I Ji?? in my pants

I too would love for an alternative. I have also experienced the lag clonekeys does when your spam the keyboard and its really hard during PVP not to mash the keyboard. At least a fix for clonekeys to fix the lag issue while spamming. I wish the developer workng on clonekeys and clonedkeys didn't decide to stop working on it.

the lag issue is related to the API in the OS. it is something that cant be fixed until apple looks into it and tweaks the OS a little.

i suspect this is why there hasnt been much in the way of upgrades/progress of clonekeys, clonedkey, keywire.

i gave up and loaded bootcamp+vistax64.

then i quit wow, and moved on to Aion.
    Early 2008 Mac Pro 2.8ghz 8 Core, 16gb RAM, 2x Apple NVidia 8800gt (No SLI), 2x 30" Apple Cinema Display + 3x 22" Acer V223W screens (surround gaming mode thru a Matrox TripleHead2Go), Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Innerspace+ISBoxer+Clickboxer
    (Apple EVGA GTX285's on order)

Lvl80 DK Tank+Resto Sham+Ele Shams, and a Boomkin Team. (Both teams in hibernation)

Currently Playing Aion! Waiting for "Continent of the Ninth", and "Tera Online"

I'm actually working on a better version of CloneKeys for the Mac. I have some features like blacklisting keys per app. However, I've noticed key sends are just lost sometimes when I have three instances of WoW open. With two instances I don't get any problems at all. I'm not sure if there is a system resource problem or a problem with the APIs. I have some ideas on how to remedy the problem, but we'll see how well they turn out. I haven't experienced the delayed key sends though.

Also working on networking at the moment to at least provide a work-around for running multiple instances on a single computer.