Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Transferring WASD / Primrary controls to Slave

Hi, i just basically started dual boxing, i will pick up a new WoW account tomorrow for a few dollars.
    Anyway, I have been leveling a trial character (2 warlocks, awesome) and all has been going pretty well. I use innerspace and Jamba, i have read several forum posts here, though everything does seem to be messy (No step-by-step), but have figured the rest out on my own.

What i want to have happen, is when im doing a collection quest, and my Main gets all his items (i will have it on free loot), i can then click my slave screen, and it gives the slave WASD control again (because i have disabled it just to the arrow keys) and give the 'Main' the control system the Slave had (That being WASD disabled and bound to arrow keys) so the 'Follow' Function works correctly.

Is this possible? Is there an easy way? (Or will a script be required? if so, anyone know it?)

Thanks

i used keyclone for multiboxing and within the keyclone program you can put a do not pass wasd (i added tab as well) and what that does it whatever window has control e.i. your mouse attention will have all the functions of a standalone and not pass said keys to the other toon and then just on the other toon make a macro just for him/her to follow the slave in this case. that's how i have it set up on mine and i've all been messing around with the 'interact with object' hot key for a macro for a slave to loot with.
    80 (Arcane) Mage
    80 (Beast) Hunter
    80 (Beast)Hunter

i dont know if innerspace has a do not pass list but if it does i would put the wasd keys in there and leave them enabled on your slave.
    if it doesnt then i dont know
    Bot (80 Paladin) / Carfire (80 Shaman)
    Alliance, Madoran US

All good, i found a whitelist and ticked everything but the keys i don't want to be parsed, including WASD

One other question, which im certain is possible.

If i switch characters, the macro i have setup for the slave is Assist main, then cast spells.
    I tried making the macro for my main assist the slave when i press it (even if im in control of my main already), and while it works, it someones bugs up a bit.

Is there a better way to do this? (besides having to have 2 macros, one for main, one for slave attacks? - i use cast sequencing anyway)

:EDIT:

I just set up 2 more macros for each character to give them the role of main / slave.

all good. now just gotta find an Addon that is good at showing party global cooldowns and health / mana.

Default Interact with target

I bound the Interact with Target on both of my accounts to 0. I bound the /assist macro to the - key on my slave. When I need the slave to loot something I just hit - then 0. simple.

easier still I use the N52 so I mapped those commands to the directional pad. On my main I do all the looting so I usually tell them both to loot so the main will grab everything and the quest items it already has it will leave for the slave to loot.
    Next team: 60 Dk/Retsx4

Rig: Q6600 8g ram Win 7 Pro 64bit, Nvidia 8800/Matrox triplehead2go (3 28" 1080p LCD's at 5040x1000 res),Logitech G13/G9, ISboxer/Jamba

WOW I think I just had a relapse and realized how retarded I am.

*head explodes*

I have been fighting the whole slaves movements with the arrow keys for about 2 weeks, I read all the stickies and troll'd forums and completely disregarded the "do not pass list". I will be trying this as soon as I get home.

Yeah I am not going to lie, reading this has me a little bit giddy to end the work day @ about 10!

Love these forums.

if you just found the do-not-pass... did you know about the region-based keymaps that popped up in v1.9?

using them, you no longer have to use wow keybindings to do formations. no matter which character is the lead, the formations always work.

one formation i use regularly is 'form.stack'... which brings all my alts right onto my main. i tied 'form.stack' on my region1.keymap to COMMA (,)... then i mouse-mapped the COMMA to my xbutton2. doing this, i just drive up to my firing position, tap xbutton2, and start firing. when the mob gets within melee range... ALL my characters are in melee range. (definitely helps on my DKs)

i also regularly use 'form.diamond'... which spreads out my alts into a diamond while 5 boxing. i tied it to PERIOD and mouse-mapped that to xbutton1.

if you would like the keymaps, just let me know

~sorry to ninja the OP's thread ..

Yes I would be very interested in the "form.stack" you are referring to. I tried to dink with it last night and well yeah .. just didnt seem to catch on.

no problem. and since other people would probably want to also use them, and to stop thread-jacking, i created a new thread for it.

new thread:
    region based keymaps for formations (stack and diamond)