Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 2 WoW instances but only will login at a time?

Just curious if anyone is having similar issues after todays WoW patch. I have two game directories both exactly the same, only I've renamed the executables to wow1.exe and wow2.exe. Up until today I could launch both exe's and presto two games running, well they will both open up but I can only be logged into one or the other but not both at the same time. And yes obviously using different accounts. I've tried everything logical I can think of even deleting the 2nd copy and duplicating the directory, but get the same results. One instance logs in fully and the second just gets stuck at the "success" prompt and will not go any further. Any thoughts or help is appreciated, thx -Shroke

Instead of opening it from 2 directorys have you tried opening a single directory multiple times?
    [align=justify]i7 920 - GTX 285 - 12GB Corsair 1600 [/align]
    Pally,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman
    Dk,Hunter,Druid,Warlock,Priest

When I had this issue in the past, it might have been the same thing maybe not. I could only get one instance connected to the same server at a time. I could connect both wow's to different servers but never to the same one.

The problem was in how my router handled NAT. I had to put my PC in the DMZ to solve the issue.

Ever since then I occasionally have to re-enter that screen on my router's config and hit 'Save' again, which reboots the router and fixes the fact that the problem randomly resurfaces about once every other week.
    Shadowsong US:
    Moosetracks (surv FORMER raiding main) armory L80
    Mousetracks (assass/combat former raiding main) armory L80
    Background (holy, to be new raiding main) armory L79

Team A (Level 75) (retired, priest extracted to above)
    Foreground (prot) armory
    Middleground(demo) armory

I had an issue with Tuesday's patch not wanting to update on one of my systems. I had to copy the update from my other computer and then run it manually to update. Then no issues. May not be your problem, but make sure both directories applied the update.

Quote Originally Posted by 'falsfire3401',index.php?page=Thread&postID=206561 #post206561
    I had to put my PC in the DMZ to solve the issue.
    Not trying to insult your intelligence by any means but...if you're not running any sort of software firewall enabling DMZ on your router disables all firewall protection leaving you wide open for whatever is lurking on the internet.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

All good suggestions, I have tried opening the exe from the same directory but get the exact same results. I can connect to different realms with both directories, but never the same realm. I will throw my box on the dmz to see what happens but not the ideal situation. Thanks for the responses guys I always grateful for any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fenril',index.php?page=Thread&postID=206572#post2 06572
    Quote Originally Posted by 'falsfire3401',index.php?page=Thread&postID=206561 #post206561
    I had to put my PC in the DMZ to solve the issue.
    Not trying to insult your intelligence by any means but...if you're not running any sort of software firewall enabling DMZ on your router disables all firewall protection leaving you wide open for whatever is lurking on the internet.
    I always run a software firewall, even if I'm behind the router. I'm paranoid enough to do that.
    Shadowsong US:
    Moosetracks (surv FORMER raiding main) armory L80
    Mousetracks (assass/combat former raiding main) armory L80
    Background (holy, to be new raiding main) armory L79

Team A (Level 75) (retired, priest extracted to above)
    Foreground (prot) armory
    Middleground(demo) armory

WOOT! Guess I should have listened to falsfire3401 suggestion first. Believe it or not I actually just totally bypassed my router (Dlink WBR-2310) and plugged straight into my cable modem and everything is working perfectly now. I am a sys admin and have been for several years....wtf did Blizz messup in their coding.

The really weird thing is that I have the same router as you (I think - I'm at the office and can't double check!) and was happily five boxing from a single machine with two WoW installations last night 8|