Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Scarlet monastery change - not really that interesting.

I was boosting my son's low level warrior in Scarlet monastery at the weekend. (no raf sadly).

I was moonkin and basically pulled the boss back to the starting corridor and aoe'd everything down.

However, they must have changed something in a recent patch, because about 30 seconds after I'd killed everything the lady boss came running in, ressed Mograine and I got to kill them both. (It used to be bugged before so you couldn't kill both bosses and get loot).

It doesn't make a huge difference, but at least if you are levelling a disenchanter it's some more mats from the blue drops.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

Would I be correct in thinking you just pulled the boss by tagging it and running to the end? If this is the case, nothing was changed. You just killed Mograine with everything else, which triggered the next part of the event. Regarding the 30 second wait...even mobs have to run to you.
    Hardware Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=204785#po st204785
    Quote Originally Posted by 'shaeman',index.php?page=Thread&postID=204768#post 204768
    However, they must have changed something in a recent patch, because about 30 seconds after I'd killed everything the lady boss came running in, ressed Mograine and I got to kill them both. (It used to be bugged before so you couldn't kill both bosses and get loot).
    You pulled Morgraine back to the beginning?

1) Is this possible? I thought the Monetary doors closed when you aggro'd him.
    2) It takes about ~15+ seconds to run from the boss location to the very beginning of the instance. Lady "whatever" doesn't start running the second her door opens.... so the delay you experienced sounds about right honestly.
    I was boosting about 2 months ago in Cathedral and I tried to pull the entire instance at once back to the beginning where I had parked my low levels and the mobs from inside the Cathedral would reset back into the Cathedral before I could make it to the entrance hallway. Unless something has changed I tried it multiple times and got the same result....which meant a 2 pull Cathedral instead of a 1 pull.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

It wasn't the delay I was surprised at - it was the fact she now runs the entire length of the instance.
    Previously, when I pulled mograine back to the starting corridor she would just stay in her room.
    He wouldn't get ressed and so you lost out on his drop (not a big deal).

The doors have never closed on me when I've been multiboxing this. I just open the doors, stealth in to max range. Fairie fire, turn and leg it.
    I've never had the doors close on me doing that.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

I boosted a friend of mine about a months ago with my prot pally, in 1 pull and usually she indeed stayed in her room because he died too far from her
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

Quote Originally Posted by 'Moorea',index.php?page=Thread&postID=204838#post2 04838
    I boosted a friend of mine about a months ago with my prot pally, in 1 pull and usually she indeed stayed in her room because he died too far from her
    Yea that's what usually happens to me if I try to pull Mograine all the way to the beginning of the instance, she usually just bugs and doesn't come running to the beginning, however if they changed that then awesome

I was surprised to see that they'd changed it. Just noticed this last weekend.

Just on the one/two pull SM thing, just run to the last boss without aggro'ing any mobs (makes it hard to open the door with mobs on you), kill the last guy, you'll be stunned and then the lady will res the guy, then run back to the entrance. Every single mob in the place will follow you regardless of level, its some weird aggro mechanic which is enabled after the res happens. Can go straight over the waterfall and you'll pick up mobs on both sides without even trying.
    Pwnstarr(L80 Pally) ~ Versham ~ Primoris ~ Secunduss ~ Tertius (L80 Shammies)
    Nagrand Oceanic

With the paladin when i was boosting sm, id grab both sides of the courtyard area run to the door and then bubble open the door run in and hit the boss and run back to zone in =p.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Quote Originally Posted by 'Pwnstarr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=204949#pos t204949
    Just on the one/two pull SM thing, just run to the last boss without aggro'ing any mobs (makes it hard to open the door with mobs on you), kill the last guy, you'll be stunned and then the lady will res the guy, then run back to the entrance. Every single mob in the place will follow you regardless of level, its some weird aggro mechanic which is enabled after the res happens. Can go straight over the waterfall and you'll pick up mobs on both sides without even trying.
    Wow. I knew about the whole room aggroing, but not the whole instance... I'm gonna have to try this next time im there. I haven't been there since i was a 70 protadin. at 80 i bet its even more of a cake walk, ive got like 3x the HP!