Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Easy looting with click to interact/click to move (plus more)

Easy looting with click to interact/click to move (plus more)

OK first of all I'll explain what I'm doing and what it does. Then I will tell you the details of how to do it. I use a FTL system but I'm almost positive any system can use this. I'm going to give you a run down of exactly what this does with a in game example just easier to explain for me and hopefully to understand.

I just killed a mob with my group (casters). Instead of running to it I want to send one of my slaves to loot it. I target the body, hit my assist key, then I hold shift-assist key and my slaves run over and loot it while I just stay there.

Another example, I'm running to the flight path. I target him, hit assist, shift-assist, and my characters run over and open the panel.

How it's done. First off I made my assist button which I'm sure everyone has. Since I use FTL there isn't anything in that button to start off. I've bound it to F. In that button I put in this.

Code:
    /console autointeract 0
    What this does is turns off click to move. I don't want to turn it on for the "leader" So this will turn it off. I put that on each of my characters button bound to F.

Now I want to use my interact with a button so I've bound that to SHIFT-F. This might be a issue with people running 5 characters though. Would have to figure out a way to do it, with a 3rd keybind perhaps.

Now we have /assist bound to F and click to interact to SHIFT-F. What we want to do now is create one more button. If your using a FTL system you already have that third button made for your slaves assist. This is my slave button.

Code:
    /console autointeract 1
    /assist [nomod:ctrl,nomod:shift,mod:alt,target=Sedt][nomod:alt,nomod:shift,mod:ctrl,target=Sedl][nomod:shift,mod:alt,mod:ctrl,target=Sedi]
    I use the same keymaps that I was already using for assist. You notice I'm turning on click to move with the 1 in that macro. Now here's the issue with this whole system. If you mouse over the window for your slave click to move WILL STILL BE ON. When you switch mains this isnt a issue really because you can bind /console autointeract 0 to whatever you use to switch your PIP. Or for the really lazy just hit the F key after you switch. Also another issue I've found is you have to make sure you hit your follow key after using this. Obviously they have stopped following when they ran off doing whatever you told them to go do. Not sure if Jamba can help in this regard or not. I haven't tried that yet. They will probably be out of range of the follow deal.

I'm sure some of you have already discovered this and are using this. I searched and couldn't find much on it so figured I just make a quick guide on how to do it. By all means if someone has a better way feel free to post it I'm curious how others are doing it. What I'd really like is a way to turn it off on the slaves without after they already went where i told them without using another keybind. I just started 3 boxing a few days ago and trying to digest all the macro's and stuff. FTL was a bear for me to get going but finally figured it out lol. Wanted to start it without a focus system right off the bat so I wouldnt get used to using focus later when I needed to start using CC.

I'm sure this can be set up alot better than what I've done and hope some of the more experienced macro makers tighten it up and make it even better.

EDIT: I've figured out how to turn it off on the slaves. I just add /console autointeract 0 to my follow and all is back to normal. Since I have to hit it anyway after they run off to do their thing anyway.

instead of all this complex stuff cant you just use "master looter" and distribute loot through master char?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Dzonatan',index.php?page=Thread&postID=202870#pos t202870
    instead of all this complex stuff cant you just use "master looter" and distribute loot through master char?
    That doesnt work for quest items

Let me make sure i'm clear on this.
    You're clicking on a target, having a character assist you, that character then runs all by itself without your interaction, loots the mob and comes back to you?
    Isn't that a form of automation? or am I missing or missunderstanding what this process is actually doing?
    [quote='rahven32',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2028 22#post202822]Easy looting with click to interact/click to move (plus more)
    I target him, hit assist, shift-assist, and my characters run over and open the panel.
    quote]

it's allowed by blizzard, as it uses ONLY blizzard functions to work. it may seem like automation tho, you're still telling the slaves "target this" then "loot this" click to move just lets the movement to the particular dead mob/npc. then "follow" returns the alts back to you.

This type of thing works rather well in melee boxing as you dont have to folllow your main anymore to attack something, just have to target it then "click to move" to it lol

Quote Originally Posted by 'ciscokid454',index.php?page=Thread&postID=202900# post202900
    Let me make sure i'm clear on this.
    You're clicking on a target, having a character assist you, that character then runs all by itself without your interaction, loots the mob and comes back to you?
    Isn't that a form of automation? or am I missing or missunderstanding what this process is actually doing?
    Pretty much except they wont come back without you hitting follow. As long as they are in range they will come back after hitting that. There is a key press for every action. All of which use blizzards functions. When you see it work it's pretty amazing. There's issues at times but when is there not when multiboxing.

to sum up... Its useful for everything really I use F for Assist, Shift+F for Follow and Z for 'Interact with target'. And with click to move on Assist>Interact and it runs over, loots, opens NPC screens. Not really automation as such as abusing blizzard rules because it's click-to-move. I find myself spamming Z-('Interact with Target') a lot when using melee characters so he's always facing the mob and within range.