Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Prot Pally +4 Priests (Shadow or Holy Nuke?)

I've been testing out some 5 box combos on a private server. Already tried Priest + 4 Warlocks & 5 Shaman teams. I was wondering which of these two would be more promising. I've seen some posts about the Shadow variant and like what I'm hearing about the great synergies they have. I also saw that someone is going the Smite route. I have no intentions on using this team for PvP, but do want to be able to solo instances. The next issue is a matter of race selection. I'd prefer to have all the same race, but the Pally could be different if needed. Thinking UD Priests & BE Pally if Horde or all Draenei if Alliance. Any input or suggestions?

your right about that but he could mean public test realms as they went live today in the states, sucks that we dont have outs yet.

your biggest porblems with this is that your picking either shadow or holy, you say you dont want to pvp with this team, so why not make a group built for pvp, their are going to be situations where you need a decurser or need proper aoe from a warlock or mage, paladins normally manage aoe senarios pretty well, but no concecration will ever beat a few good old seed of corruption.

Holy nuke is going to cause you problems all over the place it makes an insane amount of aggro, i would take shadow over holy, for the VE VT silences and mana efficency.

in pve the races are pretty balanced, the priest racials too, even thou undead get devouring plague it has an insanely high mana cost, draenei have really good pve priest raicals with their simbol of hope, restores mana for the whole party(it doesnt stack btw, one will overwrite the other).

personally i dont thing you have thaught this group thru at all if your planning on doing serious pve with your group, picks classes that are going to get the job done, dont just rely on brute force or flavour of the month makeups or you will deeply regret it.

why not get a mage in yourgroup that will at least offer you the chance to CC something, add an aoe option, taxi service, drinks, intel buffs. you will then probably decide that 3 priests useing VE to heal your paladin isnt enough to handle heroics so you will want to make one of the priests holy spec, then you will wish that your remaing 2 shadow priests were UA locks.

pve group, that has, aoe, cc, buffs, wipebuffers, tank, remove posions curses magical debuffs and deseases, and a deadicated healer. that can all be fairly easily boxed would be
    paladin - protection
    priest - holy/disp
    mage - any
    warlock - affliction
    warlock - affliction or priest shadow

I did say testing on a private server. The reason is it's much easier to just switch to a different build or classes if it flops. That way I wont be investing into a setup I may not be pleased with. I am sorry if I offended you. I just wanted to get some input from those experienced in 5boxing with priests and a pally. I'd prefer to avoid the 'holy trinity' setup due to ease of play with only two classes. I do appreciate your suggestions as the purpose of my post is to compare my thoughts on party makeup with those who have experience doing the same or similar.

holy trinity is far harder than 4xVE keeping a paladin up on trash ever would, but i found your attitude in your last post pretty ungreatful for any advice people have given. so this will be my last comment on this topic.