Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default EQ2: Never Boxed EQ2. Checklist?

Hi.

I used to 5-Box WoW, but I find the PvE content extremely unfulfilling and the PvP (which is why I played) just not fun anymore.

I wish to 5 box EQ2, using software (IS/ISBoxer I suppose) on my Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz machine, with 4gb RAM, GT8800 Vid card, OP: Vista64.

I have an old EQ2 account on Nektulos which I will probably ressurect (to use the money from, and my Guardian as a tank and to mentor).

I would like to know what steps I should take to start up the accounts. I have read a few alarming posts about the erratic functionallity of SOEs RAF program.

At this point, I have not renewed my main account, and have not purchased any alt EQ2 boxes.

I don't need help with macros, API functions, AA distribution, etc. I would just like to know the order/method of creating the accounts.

My team plan is Guardian, Troub, Illusionist, Warlock, Warden. I actually might use a Paladin instead of the Guardian.

Thanks in advance,

Lokked
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Here are the steps I used for RAF, and I had no problems. But, keep in mind, SoE will fix your problem rather quickly if something does mess up (just call them). :thumbsup:

I say this in several spots in the link below, but MAKE SURE you are logged into the account you "think" you are logged into.
    And MAKE SURE you only sign up with the link from the email to get the RAF from the pervious account.

EQ2: Best way to use RAF to start 10 new accounts.

Give us a shout if you make it on to Nektulos! :P
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

Thanks a lot Frosty!

I saw that post while perusing, but I dismissed it as I thought, "Why would I want 10 EQ2 accounts!?!?"

I'm hoping my maching can handle 5 instances of EQ2 with IS running. Repeating specs above (in case anyone has any insight):
    Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    4GB DDR2 Ram
    GT8800 512MB Vid Card
    Vista64
    2 LCDs

My new plan for 5-box class setup: Guardian, Dirge, Templar, Illusionist, Warlock
    If I can only manage 4 instances, then: Guardian, Troubadour, Templar, Warlock

I noticed that most 6-boxers have 2 healers. If I was to use one of the 6-boxers Class Templates, would you drop a DPS or one of the Healers to make a 5-box setup? I'm hoping I can do all dungeons leading up to lvl 80.

Lokked
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Cutting it close. EQ2 is a huge resource hog. My specs are similar to yours and I only run 3 copies and I still get hiccups. I use 2 computers at the moment.

My new plan for 5-box class setup: Guardian, Dirge, Templar, Illusionist, Warlock
    If I can only manage 4 instances, then: Guardian, Troubadour, Templar, Warlock

With either of those set ups, you should be able to manage all heroic dungeons with ease. Even the instance sections you shouldnt have too much trouble if you slightly over level the dungeons.

I won't be as much help on your PC specs as other here, but, since you are running Vista 64, bump up your RAM if you can.
    That's probably the cheapest thing you could do to give you a significant boost.

As for the 6 man with 2 healers..I went a little crazy and have 3 healers because I really like the Shadowknight as a tank. :P

Using a Guardian, you should be fine.
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

I think I'm just going to order this upgrade kit today i7 upgrade kit. Or I'll keep my current computer and buy the Barebones setup which includes the i7, 12gb Ram, etc.

I'll figure it out after I get a few trial accounts going.

Thanks all,

Lokked

Lokked

My Client is patching from Original DVD install. The suspense is killing me.....

Now it is mocking me, as I watch the seconds countdown to find it reloading and installing another set of patches taking an estimated 3 hours. No playtime tonight I guess

Lokked

Quote Originally Posted by 'Lokked',index.php?page=Thread&postID=199187#post1 99187
    My Client is patching from Original DVD install. The suspense is killing me.....
    Odds are, it's probably still killing you right now! :P

It took a LOOOOooong time for me to get it all downloaded and patched.

You are making the right move going to an I7. I haven't played EQ2 yet since my upgrade but the Quad 6600 (3.0 OC) was a real dog with 6 instances. The performance tool in vista/win7 shows my numbers jumping several digits from where the quad was. I haven't done any other testing yet. If you can squeeze in a new video card get one with 1gb ram to help with the 2 monitor setup. I was going to try and get the 6 to run with 6 gb of ram because that offers me the best OC options. If it won't run with 6 I have another 6 ready to install.

Your upgrade package is the hardware I bought minus the ram. We should have very similar game results. :thumbup:

Have fun!!
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Sadly, my POS current comp can only handle 3 instances while not using innerspace (I just made the trials to test out the capacity).

It runs the processors at ~83% load with 3 windows up. If I minimize 1 it drops to 60%. Too bad the windows have to be up and locked to play :/

That settles it then. I 3-box until my comp comes in!

I didn't even try 4. I have enough RAM, but with the CPU load ramp, I'm sure the 4th window would have brought my load above 100%.

Lokked