Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default 3 mage one priest?

Hey, I got my 4x shamans to 64 and before my 3x xp runs out I would like to use it abit more so I'm planning on getting this 3mage 1 priest up some, but I don't know how to set it up, with the priest healing and all. Please help me :whistling:

I would definately have the priest holy or disc, with that team you can aoe the hell outta everything while the priest's aoe heals lol.
    [align=justify]i7 920 - GTX 285 - 12GB Corsair 1600 [/align]
    Pally,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman
    Dk,Hunter,Druid,Warlock,Priest

Quote Originally Posted by 'Enndoh',index.php?page=Thread&postID=199534#post1 99534
    I would definately have the priest holy or disc, with that team you can aoe the hell outta everything while the priest's aoe heals lol.
    THanks but I wasn't asking for the speccs, more like how i set them up

Quote Originally Posted by 'Begraven',index.php?page=Thread&postID=199858#pos t199858
    THanks but I wasn't asking for the speccs, more like how i set them up
    What do you mean how to set them up? Be more specific so we can help. The only difference between this and your shaman team is now you have 2 classes and need to use different spell. Decide if you want your priest dpsing also or solely healing. If you want him to add some dps just put the spell/sequence on the same button as your mage dps. Make your healing button on the priest but leave it blank on the mages or put the same mage dps on that too.

You are best off using your priest as your "main" and the mages as slaves. That way healing is easier.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

Default RE: 3 mage one priest?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Begraven',index.php?page=Thread&postID=199528#pos t199528
    Hey, I got my 4x shamans to 64 and before my 3x xp runs out I would like to use it abit more so I'm planning on getting this 3mage 1 priest up some, but I don't know how to set it up, with the priest healing and all. Please help me :whistling:
    This is where the fun of MB happens - you get to figure it out!

Everyone has their own way of doing things, but here's an idea I'm currently trying, I was running a 3 character team, but just upgraded to 4 (woot):

Use 1-9 as usual for your attack macros and such.

Use Shift - 1/9 for heals, and don't set them on the other characters. Shift 1 is main, shift 2 is character 2, etc. It's easy to remember, and I find it's pretty easy to hit a heal while in the middle of a macro or intense fight.

Also, you might want to RAF a tank. 3 shaman and a priest will get far, but once you get into the later levels of BC and all dungeons in Wrath, you're going to need a tank. I'd recommend a Druid or Pally, they're easy to tank - druids are real fun with dual specs, mine is going to be feral/boomer and I can't wait! Plus, you'll have a use for all the tank gear you'll get along the way.
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

I have a 3 mage, 2 priest team. I have one of the mages as a main. For single target attack the priests are just /assist focus /cast smite and the alt mages are /assist focus /cast pyroblast. For AOE I just run in and holy nova/Arcane explosion until everything dies. Those are basically the only buttons I use on a regular basis. I don't need healing often enough to need a specific set up for it.

My first 5man group was a priest and 4 mages. Its easy sauce to setup. You need like 2 macros. One for AOE and one for single target (bosses etc)

AOE is easy to set up. Just put arcane explosion and Holy Nova on the same hotkey and your set. (you will want to glyph holy nova eventually after the circle of healing changes)

For single target I just left it blank for my priest but for my mages I had the following. You will need to adjust according to your level and how you spec.

/assist priest
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast sequence arcane barrage, arcane blast

Now I haven't used this group in prolly 5+ months and I know there have been some changes with PoM and Arcane Power so im not sure this macro works like it did. I had a few more set up with pyroblasts, and rotateing slows etc, but thoes two I used 95% of the time with my priest and mage group.

I would run the priest as main and set up the number pad for healing individual team members and a spamable [target=targettarget] macro for the main healing spells which is helpful for when you have single targets but not so good for multiple mobs. Put this close to your DPS button and just spam it ocasionaly /cast [help] Renew; [target=targettarget] Renew (or which ever spell or sequence you like)

DPS Mages low levels /cast frostbolt or fireball. Once you have arcane blast you can start to destroy packs AOE style-priest bubble run in as a group and Arcane Blast and holy nova.

So keybinds
    1x assist or focus
    button 1 DPS Single targets
    button 2 DPS AOE Mage Arcane Blast and Priest Holy Nova (watch how you use this holy nova can drain the Mana fast if you and leave you nothing for healing so up to you to practise pull sizes and levels)
    button 3 targettarget heals

Keypad Single target heals - character specific you wont need this until higher levels or if you are killing mobs much higher than you.

Individual Priest casts, one for each group member I use NumPad + for my main then 9 6 3 . for the followers
    /target party1or name
    /set focus
    /stopcasting

Use Numpad 7 4 1 0 or 8 5 2 0 for priest healing spells.
    /cast [target=focus] renew etc
    Look at syro's Wiki pages for some great setup ideas. http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...lly_Kill_Stuff just adjust to your needs.
    Team 1 Level 70 Alliance
    1xPally 2xMage 1xShaman 1xPriest
    Diabolos - Paladin - Prot | Ifrit - Mage - Frost | Bahamut - Mage - Frost | Ramuh - Shaman - Elemental | Gardua - Priest - Holy

Currently living in China and playing on CHINESE servers. No WotLK or RAF in China yet.
    70 Warlock, Rogue, US Server -- Mage Chinese server
    60 Shaman -- CS
    55 Warlock -- CS