Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tdog',index.php?page=Thread&postID=198788#post198 788
    Alright I read about half the thread before I decided to post so if this has already been said, sue me :P

The reason the mobs keep running is due to lag, when you're spamming the crap out of the interact button as your running up to the mob and at the same time the mob is running at you the lag makes your followers go hay wire. All you got to do is to keep your followers on follow till your main reaches the target, the mob stops moving, and hit your interact button and they won't go running all over.

For questing and grinding purposes, I actually don't even bother with the interact button as 5x any melee is enough to 1-2 shot anything non-elite and you pretty much don't even actually have to stop to kill them you can just run thru them spamming your attack button and keep on going to the next mob.

For Instances I do as I mentioned above, pull the mob to your main, once the mob stops moving hit your interact button and bam, no one goes crazy. Position it right and your followers will always be at the mob's back.

Edit: I just read the rest of the posts. If durning combat your guys get knocked back or w/e just simply grab the mob with your main again, once the mob stops moving hit your interact button again and all should be fine. If for w/e reason your followers do go hay wire, just hit your /follow button instead of spamming your interact button, once they get to your main and settle down, just hit the interact button.
    I find it useful but I've managed to survive thus far without it :P I'm sure not going to get rid of it but I'll only use it on the odd occasion.

Ps: My level 80 rogue team killed the first boss in normal gun'drak so there.

Who said all melee can't do instances? :P

holy crap this is soooo OP... even if ur not a melee team... i just had my shammies assist focus to the gryphon master... spammed the interact button... and whala it opened on every window... now if that can work with a quest giver / any targetable npc ie the mounts for the new tournament crap.... um heck yah ty ty ty for the info

edit... yah just did all my dailies and never had to interact with an npc... interact + auto loot + turn in mod for quest accept / turnin um... yah now i don't feel so bad about lvl'ing up a new team through wotlk chain quest hell

the whole point of the click to interact and its usefullness for a melee team isnt that "ITS NOT HARD TO AUTO FOLLOW AND RUN UP THROUGH THE MOB AND WHACK IT" its that YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE AUTO FOLLOW ANYMORE to make your alts attack something... you can just hit your interact key and they go running off to whack what you tell them to... thus you dont even have to have them follow your main except for moving from pack to pack or mob to mob** i understand its been done and you dont NEED to use interact but once you get used to it, you no longer have to run around with follow getting mobs and crap in range... no more running around all over fuck all to get to your alts after a big fear... just click interact and all your toons run back to whatever they were attacking before click to move style!

/sigh i know its easy to autofollow and whack stuff, but click to move +interact simplifies this process by not having to follow around with your main rawr

Quote Originally Posted by 'ghonosyph and the moocrew',index.php?page=Thread&postID=199433#post1 99433
    /sigh i know its easy to autofollow and whack stuff, but click to move +interact simplifies this process by not having to follow around with your main rawr
    I was never disputing the usefulness of the new interact feature. It's awesome yes. But due to lag or wtf ever is causing the followers to run around like chickens with their heads cut off can at times get you into a shit load of trouble. Therefore I don't use it at all times is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tasty',index.php?page=Thread&postID=198914#post19 8914
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Tdog',index.php?page=Thread&postID=198788#post198 788
    Alright I read about half the thread before I decided to post so if this has already been said, sue me :P

The reason the mobs keep running is due to lag, when you're spamming the crap out of the interact button as your running up to the mob and at the same time the mob is running at you the lag makes your followers go hay wire. All you got to do is to keep your followers on follow till your main reaches the target, the mob stops moving, and hit your interact button and they won't go running all over.

For questing and grinding purposes, I actually don't even bother with the interact button as 5x any melee is enough to 1-2 shot anything non-elite and you pretty much don't even actually have to stop to kill them you can just run thru them spamming your attack button and keep on going to the next mob.

For Instances I do as I mentioned above, pull the mob to your main, once the mob stops moving hit your interact button and bam, no one goes crazy. Position it right and your followers will always be at the mob's back.

Edit: I just read the rest of the posts. If durning combat your guys get knocked back or w/e just simply grab the mob with your main again, once the mob stops moving hit your interact button again and all should be fine. If for w/e reason your followers do go hay wire, just hit your /follow button instead of spamming your interact button, once they get to your main and settle down, just hit the interact button.
    I find it useful but I've managed to survive thus far without it :P I'm sure not going to get rid of it but I'll only use it on the odd occasion.

Were you reading my post when you posted? I'm not really sure what you're talking about in your post. As far as melee not being able to do instances, I'm kicking tons of ass in heroics with my 5xRet team. So I'm not really sure if you meant to quote someone else's post.

the same thing happens when you spam autofollow tdog spam it enough and shit goes all over lol

:P

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tasty',index.php?page=Thread&postID=198245#post19 8245
    While we're on the subject, has anyone else had problems with alts running away. This works fine for me but on plenty of occasions when I rehit my interact button one or more of my alts will run through the target and just run off into the sunset :P
    That's been an issue for a long time in WoW. I've mentioned it to Blizzard before but I'm not sure they took it seriously

I believe it's a race condition in the game. Autofollow is supposed to break when you do a melee attack (and other times obviously), and if you hit autofollow at exactly the right moment, it seems that it correctly disables autofollow, but not the moving forward part. If it hasn't been fixed by now, it's probably not high enough priority for them to bother looking at, but that's my educated guess at the problem if anyone at Blizzard happens to read this
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tdog',index.php?page=Thread&postID=199852#post199 852
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Tasty',index.php?page=Thread&postID=198914#post19 8914

Were you reading my post when you posted? I'm not really sure what you're talking about in your post. As far as melee not being able to do instances, I'm kicking tons of ass in heroics with my 5xRet team. So I'm not really sure if you meant to quote someone else's post.
    Was kinda just responding to the whole thread rather than your post so sorry for any confusion caused. I'll try again. This works really well and is a god send for melee boxers everywhere. I have used it on occasion and find it very useful but I get along fine without it so I keep it as a backup or for the odd occasion when its required (this is just what I do, thats all) As for the boxing instances comment I've seen some people say that melee can't solo instances without a healer or a tank so I made a joke about how I killed a level 73 non heroic boss when I was level 80