Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Scholomance

Default Scholomance

Just a random post of appreciation for this abandoned instance. I forgot how much I loved it! I'm leveling two guys with my 80 Lock, and it was cracking me up that an instance I used to run with 15 people is now cleared by one little gnome. (The other two are just along for the ride, and heals)

I actually took Jandice down, I've never beaten her - every guild and run I did back in the day skipped her.

Great story, great location, I LOVE the little touches like the circle of skeletons sitting in the big room. Creepy stuff! Love it!

My rogue ran it enough to get the complete Cadaverous set. Not bad, until I got a full D1 and later D1.5 set.

With two characters getting all the scourgestones, and the speed I can clear it, I decided they're getting exalted with Argent Dawn before they go to Outlands - I have enough mats and rep drops like dark iron scraps and such to make it easy, and get the epics that you can get - and the enchants and other rewards. I never bothered before, even my rogue never got exalted.

Looking foward to Strath, too, although I've farmed that with my 80's for the mount.

One more level for the lower level guys, and then they go for Dire Maul and Strat, and UBRS for the gear.

Lovin' vanilla WoW right now!
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

I've always admired Scholomance. Back in the days when it was a 10 man instance, you were really doing something if you had ever 5 manned it; that meant you knew what you were doing, and you had to have had a second set of gear to have done it. Remember that green smoke that would KILL you when you killed whatever those skellies are called? lol

I hated that everyone skipped Jandice. It was fun getting down to her, fighting her, and getting back out again.

You got me so fired up I'm going to take my guys there when I get back home. :thumbup:
    Greatlegs - Pally | Appaton, Belisaur, Coramonde - Elem Shaman | Zenock - Resto Shaman
    Unguilded but <I Service Myself> was created for them
    US - Kul'Tiras
    Living in the deserted Outlands - Level 70