Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Protection Paladin Tanking and Mana Replenisment Macro Set and Spec

After review of the changes in 3.1 and being totally out of mana on Tuesday night when the servers came up, i decided to relook at and retest my tanking macro set. My main team is a Draenai Prot Paladin, with three Draenai Elemental Shaman, and one Draenai Resto Shaman.

Here is my spec --> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...ntless+Knights

use this handy macro to figure out the ID of the slot you have picked and edit accordingly (put this in a macro and then put this on the slot and press it):
    /run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetN ame())

Main Spam Macro (put this on your DPS button .. i normally spam around 4 to 5 keypress a second on this key)
    # main tanking macro
    /click BT4Button109;leftbutton
    /click BT4Button110;leftbutton
    /click BT4Button111;leftbutton
    /click BT4Button112;leftbutton
    /use 13
    /use 14

SPAM C (for me this goes on Button109)
    //Macro spamC
    /castrandom Hammer of the Righteous,,,, Shield of Righteousness(Rank 2),,,,

SPAM B (for me this goes on Button 110)
    //Macro spam B
    /castsequence reset=target Consecration(Rank 9),,,,,, Holy Shield(Rank 6),,,,,, Hammer of Wrath(Rank 6),,,,,, Hand of Reckoning,,,,

SPAM Long (for me this goes on Button 111)
    //Macro Spam Long
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=target Divine Plea,,,,,,, Avenging Wrath,,,,,, Exorcism,,,,,, Hammer of Justice(Rank 4),,,,,, Seal of Wisdom,,,,

SPAM TBD (Button 112)
    # spare for anything special purpose

My Normal Heal/Pulling Button triggers nothing on the Elemental Shaman, i have Avenger's Shield on my paladin for pulling purposes, and a healing macro on my Resto Shaman .. thinking about a shift modifier for greater heal.

I have tested this SOLO in Zul'Drak against the 77-79 green mobs and i am satisfied with the threat build progression. It quickly hits 10K threat and ends between 20 and 30K before the mob dies.
    Buffs: Greater Blessing of Sanctuary, Righteous Fury, Retribution Aura

I will be testing this further in Heroics this evening and will post my findings.

Cheers and Good Hunting.

Sojólly -- ó = alt-162
    Fizzcrank - US - Alliance

This is something along the lines what I use
    Code:
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /castsequence reset=combat Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Light,Shield of Righteousness,Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Shield,Shield of Righteousness,Judgement of Light, Hammer of the Righteous, Consecration,Shield of Righteousness
    then I have another one similar but without the consecrate for when I tank less then 3 critters or a boss that way I dont go oom.

Probably end up putting a /castrandom Hammer of Wrath, in front of that.

One thing I found is if a pali goes oom its because he's not taking enough damage therefore not getting heals to convert to power.
    This usually happens when yer over geared for an instances.

No the mana regen on my pally is basically gone. I used to be able to run around solo and as long as I didn't use consecration I was fine. I'm down to 23 mp5 out of combat and 0 in. Im OOM now far far earlier and the only way to get it back is to drink. Even the return from sanctuary and heals if im not mistaken is now base mana, not total and you have to glyph to get the extra from heals. I was used to seeing +230 mana fly over my head. now its +90-120.

Hmm my understanding is that they dropped the amount of regen from spirit about 40%.

I have a mixed group just now sorted out all my other chars havent actually gotten to run with my pali yet guess I'll see how bad it is tonight.
    still trying to figure out how I'm gonna heal with my druid

My guys are ooming like 50 times faster seriously, i was out of mana on normal vault by 30% =/.

I used to end that fight with 30% mana.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

2 Sojolly

Some suggestions:

Some of your CD are not ?ptimized IMO

we have 1.5 GCD (basically)

We have the following tanking ability CD
    Shield of
    Righteousness, 6s CD
    Hammer of the Righteous 6s CD
    Holy Shield - 8s CD 10s duration
    Consecration, 8s CD 8s duration
    Judgement of XXXX, 10s (9 or 8 talented)

so to maximize our TPS and uptime of HS, Consecration and judgements we need to build a maximum tight rotation possible
    some of our ability have 4GCD duration/cooldown (SoR, HoR)
    some are around 6GCD (consecration, Judgement, Holy shield) To match them all together we need to lower CD of Judgement by 1s (not 2 it is a waste of points) and DO NOT use glyph of consecration as it will complicate rotation and screw our 969696s cooldowns

The optimal rotation will be something like this (after the pull, plea and everything you want up to start with):
    /Castsequence reset=combat Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Consecration, Shield of
    Righteousness, Judgement of whatever, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Shield,
    Shield of Righteousness, Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous,
    Judgement of whatever, Shield of righteousness. -> repeat

with such rotation we do not need complicated tanking macro and the only thing bad we have here - we have 1s without consecration as we can not get consecration to be exactly 9s CD 9s duration. All other abilities are fired on their CD (HS have 8s CD, but 10 s duration so we can afford to fire it 1s after the actualcd with no ill effects) We have almost no holes in this rotation (exept 1s without consecration).

As for the build i use for my pally - here it is:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZy0xA0uMGsIufzts0x0h

As you can see i have only one point in improved judgements (explanned above)
    and i have no point in Improved hammer of justice or Judgenet of the just
    With very tight ritation i have i really have no time to fire HoJ and I definately do not want mobs to hit me slower as the more they hit me - the more aggro i have on them (and some procs are tied to being hit)
    As for the HoJ i use it as an additional way to get mob back to me if one of my toons get the aggro so i need it off CD when i need it. So i do not use it untill i really need.
    I deliberately do not use glyph of consecration as it will spoil my rotation.

in comparisson with your build i have 1 point less in Divinity 1% less heal (not much)
    but i have solid 5% more critical chance, +15% exorcism damage and 2% less mana cost for instant spells (and a free major glyph slot)
    Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde. I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command. From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

How odd - the pally tank in our guild was rejoicing how he never runs out of mana while tanking now.

He spoke of a talent in prot that refreshes divine plea. So basically you pop divine plea at the start of the fight and the mana regen goes on and on and on.

Unfortunately my 80 pally is ret and my horde prot pally is only 61 so can't prove it myself.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

Yeah, talent is Guarded by the Light. Can refresh Divine Plea on hit; full refresh, not like just a couple seconds added on.

I think the change probably had less to do with changes to spirit regen, but probably to give tankadins less need to drink after fights where they didn't need much healing. Sometimes I ran out of mana simply because seals/judgements couldn't keep up with a rotation without a healer providing extra mana (didn't need the heals). One problem that all other tanks don't have to deal with.

Just keep in mind that the spirit mana regen only affects the out-of-casting regen. My priest's while-casting mana regen is exactly the same as it was before the changes. Possibly only a few mp5 off; small enough that I didn't notice any significant change in the number. Just need to do a little more number crunching to find opimizations that I didn't need before. Perhaps something like Renew and small heals might have a better healing coeficient (i.e. more healing for less mana). Depends on spec though.

EDIT: Just wanted to throw out these numbers, the "after" is an approximation, as armory hasn't updated for her and I'm going on memory. Priest before: 735/305 mp5. Priest after: 430/300 mp5. Pretty much same spec for both of those numbers; both totally unbuffed. She's actually about 335 while-casting now with the spirit buff that she didn't have access to before.
    Duskwood - Alliance - PvE

Thanks for the reply ivanhalf. I will take a look at this new combo this weekend and let you know how it worked out.

Sojolly

Quote Originally Posted by 'shaeman',index.php?page=Thread&postID=196159#post 196159
    How odd - the pally tank in our guild was rejoicing how he never runs out of mana while tanking now.

He spoke of a talent in prot that refreshes divine plea. So basically you pop divine plea at the start of the fight and the mana regen goes on and on and on.

Unfortunately my 80 pally is ret and my horde prot pally is only 61 so can't prove it myself.
    Soloing with my Pally I am now always OOM. I Off-tanked Uldar last night, if I could find something to hit to keep up DP AND I needed heals (or didn't use abilities) I was ok. With my team I am struggling right now working out my macros and rotation. My team also just got to Northrend and have only done UK, which I way out gear so it isn't a good judge.

The whole intent behind the mana change was to force people to make descisions about managing their mana in combat - primarily in raids. In my experience as a prot pally, so far the only place I have seen an impact is in the exact opposite type of game play, soloing. There is effectivly no mana regen out of combat. If you are low you MUST drink. As prot you have no MP5 or Spirit and Int anymore. If you go 15 seconds without hitting a mob you lose divine plea. Healing is such a drain I am thinking about pulling out the bandaids again, execpt they heal less the 20% of my HPs.

I haven't zerg'd Naxx yet. It might slow down trash pulls, by forcing people to drink between them. But in a raid, where they wanted this change to impact, I don't see much of an issue for any class yet.