Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default EVE Links - Guides, Advice, Getting Started, etc

Sticky link thread here: Eve Multiboxer List

eve geek and battleclinic have good calculators on their sites

ebank
    is a trusted Isk bank with a 1.5 % interest rate per month so 10m isk will get you 150k interest a month.
    Left WoW now playing eve fulltime.
    Member of The Gallente Republic alliance.
    We own the Ravarin system.

Quote Originally Posted by 'RobinGBrown',index.php?page=Thread&postID=195185# post195185
    · Click on the ‘Battleclinic Loadouts’ link and then double click on the highest ‘Rating’ loadout

· Click on the ‘Discuss this loadout’ link and have a read of the web page that pops up

· Click on the ‘Get EVEMon Skillplan’ link and download the file

· Select the Plans > Manage item from the EVEMon menu

· Select the File > Load Plan from File menu item in the Open Plan window
    A few notes here, the highest rated plan is without any doubts using tec 2 and usually heavy rigging. I'd rather not recommend to train for that if one really has no clue about the game yet (such as myself). There usually are loads of other really nice loadouts using t1 stuff and loadouts for special purposes, just look around at what one might like.

And, one can simply add all prerequisites for a loadout directly from withing evemon, no need to download the any files. I think (don't have evemon open here now) there is an 'add all to plan' button or something like that when looking at the loadout.

I'd also _not_ recommend using +3 implants unless you either have a load of money from plex selling or other means. The first time one will set foot into lowsec (and thats most likely going to be soon because lowsec is a lot more interesting than high sec) one will get podded. I'd wait with expensive implants until one has a jump clone to put them into and then park this clone on a station for training only.

As to plex selling, on the official eve forums there is a section dedicated to selling not plex but the equivalent game time cards. Trading via this forum is safe, trading plex ingame is open to scamming. And another recommendation, if one does convert a gtc to plex make sure to redeem the plex at jita or any other huge trade hub. Once redeemed the plex can not (!) be moved easily to another location.

And another lesson I've learned, if you try to make money by arbitrage trading, make sure (!) there actually _are_ buyers (note the plural here). One scam that happens quite often is that someone puts up an item somewhere for a huge price tag and then puts a market buy order somewhere else. As soon as the item is bought he'll cancel the market buy order.....
    Thats especially likely to happen with contracts. Also be 100% certain to the stuff like the remaining number of runs / the material efficiency et al when trying that sort of thing with blueprint copies, usually when there are contracts for bpc open they've got less than the normal amount of runs avialable and you won't really be able to resell these any time soon

kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by 'nomenquis',index.php?page=Thread&postID=195505#po st195505
    And, one can simply add all prerequisites for a loadout directly from withing evemon, no need to download the any files. I think (don't have evemon open here now) there is an 'add all to plan' button or something like that when looking at the loadout.
    When you are looking at the loadout in EveMon, it shows the skills needed on the lower right. You can click Add All to Plan down there.

My advice (granted I'm not awake yet) is to not fly anything with guns that cost more than the hull until you know why you are doing it. Missions may be boring, but you do learn a good deal about combat from them, and they provide more than enough gear to outfit the ship you should be flying. If you find you can't fit an item cause it takes too much CPU or grid, instead of buying a higher meta level, try training up Electronics and Engineering first. They always give a boost and you'll get easier fits for training them. There is no excuse for a combat pilot not having Electronics, Engineering and Mechanic trained up after a few months. After that you won't regret Energy Mangement (Cap value), Energy System Operation (Cap Recharge), Shiled Management (Shield value, a must if you are Caldari or shield tanking). Skills that always give a boost to your ship are very useful. Now back to sleep or work for me.

- Souca -
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by 'nomenquis',index.php?page=Thread&postID=195505#po st195505
    And another recommendation, if one does convert a gtc to plex make sure to redeem the plex at jita or any other huge trade hub. Once redeemed the plex can not (!) be moved easily to another location.
    This.

When in doubt, look up the buy orders: http://www.eve-central.com/home/quic...eid=29668#buys

The top one changes every so often, but when in doubt, Jita 4, Moon 4, Caldari Navy Assembly Plant usually has the best prices.

Now I'm back to besd. Settious this time.

- Souca -
    This space for rent.