Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default 2 5 box team suggestions... and Rated 5boxers suggestions?

I have 2 5 box teams I'm looking to mainly bg and pvp... possibly some pve.

I'm looking for spec suggestions that will be good for mostly pvp/arena/ and possibly some pve.

team 1: 5 dks. I've been running them mostly unholy to 74... now am 2 boxing them to 80 as blood and am noticing much more dps, heals, crits etc. But everything I've read says blood for arenas sucks, and the most viable (for 3.1) will be frost/unholy combos.

team2: 2 mages, 2 locks, 1 Spriest. I plan on keeping the priest as shadow for now and want to try a 5 box pure dps arena team...

Also, I use mostly keyclone and Jamba for now, but have been having some Jamba problems with switching main toons, with a several minute lag to the alts.... so I'm considering the ftl system... suggestions from experienced pvp' boxers on the effectiveness of the ftl or other systems? Ty.

Your suggestions are appreciated.!

sorry, I cant be help with your team set up tho =(

BUT

FTL system is the BOMB :thumbsup:

but too complected and need tons of work to setup for every spell and ability =(

I personally use the most bare minimum basic concept of it, that is ability to key-bind only ONE key that makes focused toon as main for everyone.

and no matter how many different things I try, I still find focus based macros most reliable like "/cast [target=focustarget][] Lightning Bolt"

so at then end I use hybrid system between FTL + MainFocus, I know kinda defeats the purpose, but that what I find is most comfortable for me =P

in 2-5 weeks season 6 will start, and its a lot different. all teams start at 0 team rating and I think you always gain points, win or lose, until you get to some sort of stable rating. (not sure about the getting points on losing part but I vaguely recall that)

having said that keep in mind 5-boxing arenas is extremely, extremely difficult and I don't think there is anyone actually who has had any success in season 5 -- a handful (under 5?) of people had some moderate success in season 4, but never breaking 1900 rating afaik. Most people 4-box 4 DPS classes and have a second person be a healer.

DKs have gotten nerfed quite a bit, especially in PVP, in patch 3.1, they will still be very fun to play but I am not sure a full DK team will do that well in arenas. fwiw I played ~210 games on the arena tournament realm in 3v3 with 3 DKs, I went around 50-150 with a "single macro spam button" strat (a giant macro that had a castrandom of every single DK ability, lol) it was fun but there are some teams that just shut you down completely, I imagine its even worse in 5v5. I just played to get the murloc pet, wasn't really trying hard.

An all-dps cloth team like your second team is just going to get eaten alive by plate (plus rogues/hunters) teams, I don't see that one really having much success at all.

Either will be a lot of fun in battlegrounds, keep in mind as well Blizzard is probably going to do a lot more with battlegrounds in patch 3.2 and beyond - new BG, bg ranking systems, etc.